The Seer Part 2

(Warning: This part contains violence that may not be suitable for all readers)

"Meredith, we would like to speak with you about a certain matter." Ivy told her nervously as the man at her side beamed down at the older woman.

"Of course." Meredith said opening the door and letting them in. Adam glanced around the room with false interest as Ivy sat on the basin beside her stepmother. Meredith had been there for her since her father's death when she was nine. Sixteen years seemed like a long time in comparison with her father. Ivy sighed as Meredith patted her hand.

"Why are you so sad dear? I thought you would be happy about your engagement." Meredith told her softly as Ivy blushed.

"Oh, I am thrilled. I was just thinking about my father. It's strange how this room always reminds me of him. It's not even druid." Ivy pouted making Meredith let out a surprise chuckle.

"Is that a mermaid?" Adam asked, making the girls turn to frown at him. He stood analyzing the fountain as if it could somehow be fixed. Not that is was broken or anything was wrong with it in Meredith's mind. But Adam was a dwarf and probably considered the sculpture dull, as it wasn't a flashy thing like dwarves preferred.

"If it is?" Meredith asked, getting to her feet. Adam simply shrugged.

"It's just odd to see such a thing here. I was told that druids could live for hundreds if not thousands of years. I wouldn't be surprised if the first druid king was married to one. Before they died out of course. Being the weak and fragile creatures that they were. They vanished after the last great war." Adam muttered as Meredith huffed.

"Great is not the word I would use to describe such a tragedy. And it would be best if you remembered that sometimes things that have been lost, are only waiting to be found. Congratulations on your engagement, shall we rejoin the festivities? I think I have rested plenty." Meredith told him dryly.

"Wait Meredith! That wasn't the only thing we wanted to discuss." Ivy told her quickly, blushing at her feet. Meredith sighed as she reached out and pet her cheek. Ivy paused glancing up into Meredith's sad expression. Like she knew something Ivy didn't.

"Yes, we were hoping to announce our engagement tonight, near the end of the party. Then proceed with the wedding tomorrow. Everyone has already planned on being here, so it will save time and resources. I mean, I have been courting this girl for four years now. I think it's time we seal our love." Adam purred down at his blushing Ivy. He had taken one of her hands in his, kissing the back of it gently.

"Seems a little rushed." Meredith muttered as they glanced at her. Her face never hid her disapproval even as her words were coated in acceptance.

"Are you sure you will have everything ready by then? I mean this is a wedding not a ball. It requires a slightly different atmosphere." Meredith told them wandering towards the door. She needed to leave so Raven could sneak out.

"Yes! Yes, I am sure we will be ready." Ivy told her, dragging her back over to the fountain. "I was thinking once we return from the honeymoon. I could take my place as queen. You could finally pay a visit to your home." Ivy was telling her nervously as Meredith paused.

"I will never return to that place. This is my home now." Meredith told her as Ivy pouted. Why was Meredith being so stubborn? Though thinking about it now... was she reluctant to go back because of painful memories? Because of her son?

"Excuse me. I'm sorry, I am confused. Why can't Ivy be Queen?" Adam asked annoyed as Meredith sighed.

"She needs to accept her noble birthright as a druid." Meredith grumbled. It was an excuse since she knew Ivy would be queen one day. With or without the bond. She just simply wanted to test Adam and hopefully open Ivy's eyes.