The Stone Cat Part 2

This was the hut Framtida had sent him to. He wasn't sure how to approach them and hesitated on the doorstep. He froze when the door opened, and a young woman stepped out. She paused when she saw him, glancing him over confused.

"Morning. Is Hank home?" Tristan asked politely. The girl screamed slamming the door in his face. Tristan huffed at the door annoyed. "How rude. Even if you are pretty." Tristan grumbled. The door creaked open a second time making Tristan jump.

"Who are you and what do you want?" The man behind the door asked. Tristan in this form only reached about three feet high but was heavy due to the stone. This dude towered above him, making Tristan have to back up just to look him in the eye.

"Framtida, the nymph of time has sent me to find and speak with the man called Hank. I was told I should find him here." Tristan told him nervously as the man frowned down at him. He glanced out into the early morning before opening the door and letting the odd creature in.

"I am Hank. What is it that you need? What do I call you, cat?" Hank asked, closing the door behind him. Tristan glanced around the hut intrigued, never having been in a dwelling before. He climbed up on the table, hesitating when it groaned under his weight.

"That is where we eat. I would prefer it if you didn't get your dirty paws all over it." Hank growled softly as the stone cat nodded nervously, climbing down.

"Sorry, I am so used to sitting on a pedestal while I talk. Habit, I guess." Tristan told him, going to inspect the fire. It was so different from water, and he loved it.

"Do you have a name?" a soft voice asked as Tristan glanced at the woman holding the pretty girl to her.

"Tristan. My apologies. I have never seen a place such as yours. It's quite a delight." Tristan told her hopping up on the table before climbing back down. "Sorry. Anyways I was sent to deliver a message." Tristan told them becoming distracted with the various pots in the windowsill. Hank shared a look with his wife as they watched the stone cat explore.

"You said you had a message?" Hank prodded as Tristan blushed returning to stand in front of him. Hank tried not to smile when the cat clearly felt odd being at a height disadvantage. Hank sighed as he sat in a chair, shrinking the height distance between them.

"Yes." Tristan stated nervously as he settled in at Hanks feet. He took a deep breath before he nodded. "Raven is alive, and I have been chosen to be her guardian on this quest Auntie has sent her on. I have been told to warn you that Adam cannot be trusted. He is the one at fault for killing the queen." Tristan told him pausing to scratch his ear.

"Raven is alive? You are sure?" Clair asked sitting at the table. Tristan nodded as he turned back to Hank.

"Framtida has said that if you wish to protect your family, you must restore... no wait. Awaken, that was the word she used. Awake the bonds that have been sleeping. Also, something about hounds being summoned. She was pretty cryptic. Oh, also I need to give you the shiny thing." Tristan told him trying to look at the collar around his neck. Clair stifled a giggle as she watched the cat struggle. Hank smiled at her before crouching and removing the mirror from his neck.

"Thank you. I understand the message. Will you be going to Raven's side now?" Hank asked as Tristan nodded waltzing over to the beautiful girl next to her mother.

"I am ready to lead you to dragon tears." Tristan told her as she frowned.

"I'm not Raven. I am Rosila." Rosila told him as he blushed. He backed away nervously as he realized he never did get the details about this girl.

"I'm so sorry. Auntie said Hanks' daughter, so I just assumed. I never did think to get any details on the girl I would be accompanying." Tristan mumbled nervously. Rosila blushed at the thought this cat thought she was their child.