Diamond and Ruby Part 2

"I thought Trayson was the great forest." Raven muttered as Tristan nodded while he shrugged.

"It's the great forest of the valley. There is a second forest between Welpion and Albitonya, but rumor has it that outside of the valley, all that exists is forest. Miles and miles of forest." Tristan told her as Diamond agreed. Raven nodded slowly intrigued.

"Has nobody ventured out there?" Raven asked as Simon huffed.

"No, and you aren't going to either." Simon growled, making Raven fold her arms across her chest in objection.

"There is no magic outside the valley. No dwarves, no stone cats, no druids. Nothing. The magic only thrives in the Valley where it was born after the great dragon's death. To leave is to die." Simon argued with her pouting face. Diamond frowned wearily.

"There have been those who have ventured out. Some never returned. Others have returned changed. No longer themselves. Since you are so sure you would die, chances are you aren't from the outside. But then where are you from?" Diamond asked as he settled in. Simon glared back as Raven and Tristan exchanged looks.

"I am not sure we should be sharing information with the enemy. Though he seems harmless." Tristan muttered as Diamond scoffed.

"A little late howlite. And I may be harmless to you, but Ruby ain't." Diamond told the skeptical cat.

"I think I could take her." Tristan said as Simon kicked some dirt down at him.

"Don't be stupid. She is a mole hound. They specialize in eating stone. So basically, she would be a champion eating you. I think we have shared enough of our time with you. Release the cat and let us go. We won't be entering Trayson again any time soon." Simon told him as Diamond sighed.

"I can't do that. Orders are orders." Diamond told them. He got to his feet, snapping his fingers. Ruby stirred happily, running off around the edge of the pit. Simon growled, drawing his blade. Raven jumped to her feet watching the hound charge, before the light went out.

The room fell into darkness making Raven hesitate as Simon swore. There was a small scuffle before Simon gasped and Tristan whined. A slight rumbling caused the ground to shake as Raven fell to her knees. A spark caught her attention and she rolled only to run into Ruby.

Light filled the space again, chasing away the shadows. Simon was no longer beside her making Raven glance nervously into the hole. Simon had fallen in. Hitting Tristan awkwardly and losing consciousness.

The ground had caved a little causing the bottom of the hole to sink lower. Tristan pulled Simon above the rubble worried about their comrade. Blood was trickling from his head as he laid unconscious in the dirt pit.

"What did you do that for?!" Tristan shouted up at the bald man.

"Look kid. I have a job to capture the girl. It says nothing about you two. Just stay put, and you will live." Diamond told him as Tristan hissed. The cat launched himself up against the wall, digging his claws into the dirt.

He climbed quickly, throwing a paw over the edge. He was met with the red hound as she hissed hungrily. Tristan growled back before she launched herself at his foot. Tristan simply growled trying to shove her away before the pain set in.

He screamed as the acid ate away at the top of his paw, creating odd designs where it leaked. Raven got to her feet, growling when the dwarf grabbed her arm. Diamond clicked his teeth signaling Ruby to stop.

The mutt stood reluctantly releasing him. Tristan retracted his wounded paw from her, losing his balance and falling back into the pit. Raven and Diamond both flinched when they heard the crushing of bones.