• 2| The File •

~ Sivaangi's POV ~

"AK" I whisper to myself.

Gunasekar gets up from his seat and starts pacing behind the table with his hands folded behind his back. He speaks up, making me turn my attention towards him, rather than opening the file up.

"Most of the information needed about the target is in the file that you have in your hands, if you have any further questions I can't answer you because that's all the details we have on him. Don't underestimate him either as he is very smart and dangerous, many have plotted to kill him and haven't been successful... I'm giving you the responsibility to finish this with the hopes of you being successful, don't fail me"

Don't fail me. I remark in my head, snickering to myself.

"You will leave for the mission tomorrow night, prepare yourself as best you can. Locations of his whereabouts will be sent to your phone and his house is mentioned in the file. All good?" Gunasekar finally stops pacing and turns to me with his eyebrows raised, waiting for my reply.

"Of course, I'll do it just as you said" I say.

"Great, well if you don't have any doubts you can leave now and make sure to get all possible equipment needed okay? Your paycheck will be higher than anyone here has gotten so far if you do this"

Nodding my head I pull on Sakthi's sleeves when I see Shankar move towards Gunasekar and whisper something in his ears, pretending I didn't see any of that I move towards the door along with Sakthi when a voice calls out to me.

"Sivaangi!" I turn around to look at him.

"Yenna?"

(What?)

"I- athu vanthu.." Gunasekar pauses for a moment to clear his throat, "Ah paathu poitu vaa seriya?" his lips curving into a forced smile.

(I- uh, take care okay?)

"Of course, naa paathukuren" I say sweetly and swiftly walk out of the room with Sakthi trailing behind me. 

(I will)

I close the door of his office and stand by it. I try and gesture to Sakthi to walk forward but he looks at me confused and opens his mouth to say something when I hurry forward and close his mouth. I place my finger on my lips and tell him to be quiet and to move forward.

He obliges while I press my ear up against the door, keenly listening for voices inside the room. And just as I guessed, Sakthi's footsteps did the trick.

"Avanga poitaanga nu ninaikuren" Shankar says to Gunasekar, "Footsteps ketuthu"

(I think they've left, I heard footsteps)

"Great"

"Boss, why'd you assign Sivaangi for this project?" I hear Shankar ask.

"Well to start off, there are two advantages. I'll be happy with whichever one."

"And they are?"

"One she kills AK which means we can lead our gangs in peace, there will be no more AK to go against us or AK kills her"

I clamp my mouth shut with my palm to stop myself from gasping, incoherent words were on the tip of my tongue.

"What!? Why do you want to get Sivaangi killed?!"

"I had initially thought she'd be our little lapdog, listening and doing whatever we say, but recently she's been getting too stubborn. Did you see the way she reacted moments ago, if I leave it like this maybe she may even go against us one day in the future, it's better to end her off right now so we don't regret it in the future"