• 12| The Package •

"Come in",

Gunasekar said when someone knocked on his office door as he fumbled about with the files on his desk. Upon seeing Shankar, he beckons him inside.

"Enna da? Naa sonna maathiri antha AK oda next shipment'ah port la hostage ah vechuruka enga aalungala send panniteeya?"

"Aama boss, but why are we holding his next shipment hostage?" Shankar asks confused.

"Well, yesterday night Sivaangi should have finished AK but we haven't received any news from her end, so there's high chances of AK imprisoning Sivaangi or finishing her altogether. To find out, I wanna see if AK comes down to the port to retrieve his next shipment" Gunasekar explains.

"Super boss, but only AK's friends have come and their currently arguing with our men" Shankar informs, Gunasekar looks at him before closing the file he was currently viewing.

"Car-ah ready pannu da, naa port ku poganum"

~*~

Sivaangi let out a gust of breath she was holding in when AK left the room. The close proximity did something to her, but she was determined not to show it.

Taking calculated steps towards her room's window sill, she caressed the soft, royal purple-colored, velvet curtains. Sivaangi opened the curtains wide, letting in golden rays of sunlight, from her room she had a wonderful view of the front porch and garden.

Using her elbow to lean on the window sill, she admired the gorgeous view from above before her gaze came to fall upon the front door.

Ashwin was casually speaking to a guard whom she saw standing near the front gate this morning, the guard handed a pretty bulky package to AK, she wondered what could possibly be inside it since it was so large. 

Maybe it was just some weapons.

Guessing he was going to come up here when he closed the front door, she quickly moved away from the window and pretended to inspect a bookshelf close by.

A faint tap was heard a few minutes later but Sivaangi stood idle and kept running her hands over a few of the books on the shelf. Another series of taps were made before AK shouted from the other side of the door,

"Door open pannu di!" 

Sivaangi gradually walked towards the door as slowly as possible, she put her hand on the door knob and pulled it open to find AK standing there with the large parcel and a frown on his face. Pushing past Sivaangi, he walked into the room and placed the parcel on a table before turning to Sivaangi with his hands on his hips.

"Door thattum pothu open pannanum nu unnaku theriyaatha enna?" he asked.

"Neenga thattuneengala? Kekave illa" she replied in the most innocent voice she could muster.

"Ohoo, madam ku kekalaya? Venuna doctor ta poi check up vaangalama? Kaathu kekutha illaya nu?" AK asks sarcastically.

"Enough about that, what's this package for?" she asks moving towards it.

Sivaangi prods and pokes at the package while AK watches amusedly, "Unnaku thaan parcel, appo neeye open pannu"

Gladly taking the invitation to open the package, she rips off the cover and peers into the box. Neatly folded clothes sat inside, varying from jeans, tops, skirts, dresses, shirts, and jackets. Confused, she pulled out a pair of black denim ripped jeans and looked up at AK questioningly from her position.

"Ithu enna?"

"Paartha theriyala? It's clothes" AK states the obvious, eliciting a groan from Sivaangi.