• 6| A Deal •

~ Ashwin's POV ~

"Well I'm Sivaangi Krish," the petite woman in front of me says.

I don't know why, but for some reason I was intrigued. Intrigued by her personality and character. The way she remarkably walked into the room with such precision, and showed no fear at all when I confronted her. She even talked back to me with such confidence and fierceness. Damn, I don't think I've met any girl who's as sassy, confident, and feisty as her.

Not that I have much experience to compare to.

I already knew one of Gunasekar's people were assigned to assassinate me. After my own gang, Gunasekar's was probably the largest, and he hated the fact he wasn't on top so he had been planning to kill me for a long time now.

As if that old fool had it in him to actually kill me.

Rakshan, one of my best friend's had informed me that Gunasekar was sending out someone to finish me tonight, but what he hadn't told me was that it was a girl. I had been expecting some lanky, armature guy to come fall into my trap, but instead came a really short girl, with a lot of persistence to kill me. I wonder why though.

I had been hiding in the shadows of my bedroom with the light turned off when a figure had slowly crept into my room through the balcony's door after pick-locking it open. The figure looked around cautiously to see if there was anyone's presence in the room. I controlled my breathing and kept quiet for a while.

When I saw the figure moving more confidently around the place, I shifted from my place to another, making the figure freeze. Sensing the fact that they were about to get their hands on a weapon, I moved forward and hooked my arm around the figure's middle intending to wrap my other hand around their neck, but stopped short when a realization hit me.

Wide hips, soft arms, and a smaller frame. 

It's a girl.

Her long hair brushed against my face, distracting me as I thought about the fact that I had just pulled a girl into my chest and had my arms around her waist. She used my distraction as a chance to twist my arm and pull herself away from my grasp. She pushes me against the window sill behind us and gazes at me.

Gosh her eyes. They were so big and round, filled with blazing confidence. It was as if the pair of orbs contained a sea of emotions, I could get lost in them for days.

Ah shit, don't let yourself get distracted by her.

Shaking my head a little to clear my unwanted thoughts about a female I didn't even know, I focused on what she was doing. She had pulled out her knife and held it up to my throat, just an inch forward and it will graze my skin, drawing blood.

In that husky voice of hers, she asked if I had any last words. I had to bite back a smile wondering how someone like her could possible kill me. Does she even know who's she is dealing with? 

After a few seconds of silence, I smirk at her confidently, knowing that I was going to out-win her in the end.

I hook my leg around the back of her foot and twist my body around, therefore spinning her along with me as well. She was then in the position she had put me in, except I was now towering over her with my hand holding a knife up towards her neck. 

I repeated the question she had asked me in the same husky tone, making her glare with a scowl on her face. She then tells that I don't deserve to here her last words and throws a hard punch at my guts.

It didn't hurt that bad as the punch wasn't thrown that well and my body was able to take on the slight pain without it actually hurting, but I let her escape wanting to know what she was going to do next.