• 10| The Mansion •

~ No one's POV ~

"How dare he?!"

"I knew the moron was a horrible guy, but how could he go as far as this?"

"Cha! Antha muttal na kathaiya yeppovo mudichirukanum!"

Everyone was sharing their own thoughts and opinions after hearing Sivaangi's story of her past while Ashwin sat silently, gazing at the group taking small bites of toast at intervals. 

He could have shared his own point of view on this, but what was the point in doing so? She wanted a new start, an attempt at life without Gunasekar so reminding her and feeding her thoughts on him was no way of giving her a new chance, so instead, he chose to be quiet and listen. 

"Ayyayo!!" Sivaangi's voice suddenly breaks out, startling Ashwin who was busy picking at a piece of fried egg.

"What happened?" a concerned Aadhi immediately asks making Ashwin frown.

"Oh, it's nothing serious I just forgot to call Sakthi" Sivaangi says sheepishly, looking around the table feeling a little embarrassed for startling everyone.

"Sakthi? Yaaru ma athu?" Rakshan enquires bringing a smile onto Sivaangi's face.

She started explaining how Sakthi was her best friend, her anchor point while staying at Gunasekar's place, Ashwin could see how genuinely happy she was when speaking about Skathi. He must have been a very special person to her.

The group finishes breakfast and wonders what to do when Pugazh comes up with an idea. Sivaangi was yet to see the mansion and its interiors and right now everyone was free so why not show her around a few of the places, they may not get time later on if more missions come through.

Everyone agrees and ushers Sivaangi out of the dining hall, since they were too busy focusing on the new addition to the 'Family' they failed to notice that Ashwin was trudging behind them engrossed in his phone.

"Aathi! How long have you been taking part in the Mafia and Undergrounders gangs?" Sivaangi asks.

"Well, I actually don't know exactly when because ever since I could remember I've been with these three, Ashwin is a descendant of one of the first-ever Mafia gangs, so all of this runs through his blood and if we look through all of our family trees, I bet the three of this would be related to each other in some way. Our parents are also very close friends as well" Aathi explains to Sivaangi, both Pugazh and Rakshan 'hmm' agreeing to what he was saying.

"Why is it that you only ask Aathi this question?" Rakshan inquiries with a grin whilst raising a single brow in Sivaangi's direction.

"Appdi illa ney, ungalayum ketrupen but Aathi already explained that you're all basically long-distant relatives!" 

"Ahaa, appo naanga related illa naalum ketrupiya?" Pugazh asks.

"Haan, of course I would" Sivaangi declares.

"Appdina, engalluku pinnala oruthan varane, avanayum ketrupiya?" Rakshan asks, making Sivaangi turn around to look behind her, when her gaze falls on AK she turns back around and shoots a displeased look in Rakshan's direction.

"Why should I ask him? Avar thaan Mafia King aache, ithula vera therinjuka enna iruku" Sivaangi say casually with her arms folded against her chest, hiding the fact that she was intrigued and was curious to know more about AK and his character.