The Ghost Riders #1

Strikers: Monster, Scarlet Witch, Ghost Rider, Wolverine, Bloodstone

Unaffiliated: Hallstrom
-------------
Robbie kept his grip on the wheel as he drove down the street with Elsa in the passenger seat. He was thinking back on the events of his visit back to the world of the Champions. How he watched his friend vanish without a trace*.

(*Read Spider Wars in The New Spider-Man and The Astonishing Spider-Man!)

He blamed himself. He was supposed to be there to help them. They won, but Mayday was God knows where. His friend was gone.

Elsa: Thanks for coming with me to get some stuff in town. But, are you okay? You've been kind of quiet since you got back.

Robbie: Yeah, I know. Sorry. But, can I be honest?

Elsa: As long as you pick up the pace. You're driving like a fucking grandma.

Robbie: It's just, I don't think I'm cut out for this kind of thing. I...I think I should take a break. I'll talk to Y/N about it when we get back.

Elsa decided not to tease him too much. It really did seem like something was swirling in his mind. Something that was driving him mad.

Still, she noticed that the car was picking up it's speed. However, Robbie seemed confused by this.

Robbie: What the hell?

???: Hell is right, boy. The engine runs on blood, time to gas up.

The car suddenly sped forward even faster. Robbie grabbed the wheel and tried the brakes, but it wasn't working.

Elsa: Robbie?! What the fuck is this?!

Robbie: I don't know! The brakes aren't working and it's not letting me steer!

???: Feast of the blood-drenched speed. Slow is death. Slow is penance. Living is pedal to the bone. Freedom of soul-burning horsepower!

Was it Eli? No. This voice was someone else. This was the voice he heard when the Colonel took control of him. The one he saw when he was trapped in that hellscape.

Robbie: Oh God!

???: No God in here, just us burners.

Flaming chains suddenly wrapped around Elsa, trapping her in the seat as the car reached the town of Burns. People watched as the flaming charger sped through town.

???: Riders don't get to quit, Robbie boy. Don't get to go unhaunted. Don't get to stay dead like your parents. Riders have to watch the world burn. Through melting flesh and screaming scars and unholy spirits. Through flaming eyes!

Robbie began to yell as his body was engulfed in flames. The car suddenly drifted to a stop and the flames went out in an instant. Robbie and Elsa sat there with shocked expressions and heavy breaths.

What the fuck was that?

Monster:
Cabal War

Robbie: The car tried to kill Elsa. The car threatened to kill her. So....I figured there was only one thing to do. I beat it to pieces for hours. Silt the tires and tore the engine apart. And, to be sure, I set it on fire. And once there wasn't anything left, I buried it out in the desert. And when I got back to Burns, it was here. Waiting for me. I could hear it laughing.

Laura: Yeah, it still is.

You, Laura, Wanda, Elsa, and Crystal all gathered in the garage of the base where Robbie was waiting. He looked like he didn't sleep. Then again, he's looked a bit rough since he got back from helping the Champions.