12

Unusual silence.

Unusual Silence was only the thing Yoongi could sense around the table. 

Ever since college had started, He could see the tension between his friends. Jimin hasn't come to the college and taehyung didn't utter a word nor did he bother the others. They haven't initiated. He just was minding his own businesses as if the others around them didn't exist. 

Now, at lunch, They were sitting on their usual table with pin-drop silence, munching their own food. Yoongi was looking at everyone indifferently but his mind was going crazy with curiosity.
It would be a lie if he said that he didn't miss Jimin's bickering. Honestly, it had become a routine to listen to him rant and now it's kind of weird to have the table quiet after so long. 

He understands if Jeongguk and Lisa were quiet but he didn't get why taehyung was so quiet. He wasn't bothering Jeongguk too. He has his head ducked down, quietly munching on his food. Even if yoongi had the urge to ask about jimin up until his throat, He didn't bother him. He just sighed and looked down at his own plate.

Jeongguk was side-eyeing the elder quietly. He was shocked to see the elder really quiet but again he remembered how he argued and cried at the convenience store yesterday evening. He was still curious to know who taehyung fought with to the point that made him cry. He just kept taking glances at the elder, looking at him eat. He down to see his plate; as usual, it was messy. 

He observed that Taehyung was a messy eater. He kind of spills a little food on the table while eating and he never uses proper cutlery. The only tool he uses is the spoon- to cut the meat, to eat the rice, to drink the soup, for everything he manages to use the spoon. He always had the urge to correct him but he didn't bother nor did he want to look judgemental. He left it to his choice. 

 He noticed that Jimin wasn't present. Is that what he is upset about? Is he this calm without the elder around him? Just like that, he had a few questions running in his mind until someone spoke. 

"Tae, are you ok?" Lisa asked, looking at the said boy. Taehyung looked up to meet her gaze. His face had almost no emotion. He had little eye bags under his eyes. He just smiled a little and nodded "Yes, I am fine, Lili." His voice was low and deep as if he just woke up. Jeongguk almost hummed at the voice. 

"But you don't look fine and you are unusually quiet. Something wrong?" Lisa intrigued. Taehyung immediately shook his head "Nothing, just a little headache. I'll be fine." Taehyung said looking down at his plate. 

"Take some medicine from the infirmary. You'll be fine." Lisa said and smiled a little. Taehyung reciprocated "Yeah, I'll think about it." 

"Take Jeongguk with you if you need someone by your side." Lisa insisted. Taehyung looked at Jeongguk. Suddenly their gazes met. He could only think about how he behaved in the car, how he cried in his embrace, how softly he spoke to him. Out of nowhere, he had a sudden gush of tingling sensations all over his body. He remembered how comfortable he felt under his hold.

 With steady stony glace, he looked down at those dark orbs as if they were two drops of coffee in thick creamy milk. How much he wished to look the world through them. His skin was smooth like a fluffy dough, wanting to pinch and squish them every time only to hold back his desire. How much he wished to glide his fingers on the smooth texture, just like the porcelain doll, soft and smooth, admiring it every single fucking time, to gently lean down and press his cheek against his, feeling it like no other. His cute pouty lips almost lost control over the sheer bit of shine he had on them. soft pink shade and were like the soft ridges of dunes in the desert at sunset; like the crests of waves meeting in the frothy rush to shore; like the folded wings of courting birds. He loved every bit of him. Every bit of whatever he owned.