23

After the fight, Lisa barely came in contact with Jeongguk. She minded her business by going to college, attending classes, and going for extra practice sessions during lunch to avoid her boyfriend as much as possible. 

She learned one thing though, never be inferior to someone. Especially, never give someone a chance to make you feel inferior. 

But that's not the case with Jeongguk. he never made her feel inferior. He always respected her decisions. He always respected her priorities and most importantly, he respected her as the woman she was. 

Though she came out as an orphan to him, Jeongguk never made her feel the absence of her family. He always was at her side. It all started with being best friends, then lovers.

But Lisa realised he always had been a part of her life. Just a part of life. Only if you knew the underlying deep meaning in that sentence. 

Skipping her classes and walking on the bleachers, she could see a tiny figure sitting on the bleachers, under the bright sun. As she walked further, she recognised the person. She smiled a little and walked to him. 

"what's up, taetae?" She said ruffling the guy's hair with her fingers playfully. Taehyung, who had been sitting there in thought, suddenly woke up when someone called and ruffled his hair. He looked up to see Lisa. Looking as beautiful as ever in her oversized hoodie, her shorts which were covered by the hoodie. White sneakers and her black long hair were left open. For a change, she wore round-framed glasses. 

"Lili" he muttered with a smile as he saw her sit beside her. "Why did you skip your classes?" he asked. " I could ask you the same thing, you know." Lisa had a lopsided grin on her face. "Yes, u can say that" Taehyung grinned. 

Lisa tossed a lollipop to Taehyung, who immediately caught it effortlessly "Thanks!" He muttered before popping it into his mouth. 

"So, Why did you fight with Jeongguk?" Taehyung asked as he licked the lollipop. Lisa snapped her head to him and raised an eyebrow. "How do you know that?" 

"Well, your face says it all. You have that 'i had a fight with my boyfriend look on your face right now!" Taehyung flashed his eyebrows at her. Lisa nodded her head and turned her head back before she licked her lollipop. 

"well, should I be honest with you?" She asked. Taehyung nodded absentmindedly. "Of course, you can!" 

"I honestly don't know why we fought for!" Lisa shrugged her shoulders. " I just wanted my anniversary night to be special. Probably, I may or may not have messed up" Lisa gulped when she remembered that night. She sighed quietly. 

"You know how Jeongguk is. He's moody. I don't know what you guys argued about but I'm pretty sure he might not have meant whatever he said. It just slips through his tongue." Taehyung tried to comfort her with his words as much as possible but Lisa just shook her head and licked her lips. 

" I know him, Those words sounded from the heart this time. It was a serious argument and later he left angrily." She mumbled, checking her manicured nails. 

" All these years, I never saw him being so mad at anything. He was never the person to lose his cool even though he has those temper issues. He is not being his usual self these days. I am seeing change. A change in his behaviour, A change in his behaviour towards me, A change in our relationship.  And finally, on our anniversary, he asked for space." Lisa scoffed sadly. 

Taehyung widened his eyes when he heard that. "w-what?" he stuttered. Lisa nodded merely. "J-Jeongguk would never do that! He didn't mean it. He might be waiting to apologise to you. He loves you, Lili" Taehyung exclaimed with a bewildered on his face. His pupils dilated.