Real Love

Scott, still blinded by grief, didn't notice what had happened. 

He kept Hope's body close to him as he continued to cry. But then, he felt her move, he opened his eyes and saw her looking up at him. 

"I love you too." 

She was alive! 

He pulled her into a kiss. A kiss that neither of them had felt before. It was filled with relief, joy, passion, and so much love. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he pulled her closer. Everything around them disappeared as the kiss deepened. After a few more moments, she pulled away. 

They stared at each other, wanting the moment to last forever. Scott wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly, never wanting to let go. 

"I'm so sorry." He whispered, tearing up. "For what?" She asked softly. "For not protecting you like I should have when Michael attacked you at the hospital. For not fighting back harder when Nat and Steve tried to take me. For leaving you for two years. For everything. I'm just so thankful that you're here!" He said, placing his hand on the side of her face. "You have nothing to be sorry for." She said, and then she kissed him again. 

This was real love.

                                                                            Author's Note

I know you guys needed some closure on this, so I published this chapter much earlier than I intended to. Also because you would probably find me and kill me before I got to put this chapter out there. So it's a win-win! Did you guys really think I'd let her stay dead? This is a ScottxHope fanfiction for goodness sake!