The Reunion

After all the heroes went through portals to get home, the only ones left at the destroyed compound were Scott, Hope, Tony, Pepper, Steve, Thor, Bruce, and Wong, who Scott was told was Dr. Strange's friend. 

"So we did it. We brought them all back." Tony said like he couldn't believe it. 

"Speaking of which, can I go see my daughter now?" Scott asked. 

Steve mentally facepalmed. Of course, Scott would want to see his daughter! And they held him back for a mission debrief! 

"Of course! Wong! If you would please open up a portal to where ever Scott's daughter is currently?" Tony asked. Wong nodded and made the portal. 

Scott and Hope walked through and ended up on the street in front of Cassie's house. Before they could move, a familiar little girl ran out the door and to them. 

"Daddy!" She yelled happily, giving him a hug. Hope backed up, giving the two some space. 

Scott picked Cassie up and hugged her tightly. "Oh, Peanut! I've missed you so much!" 

"We saw you on the news! You were fighting aliens!" The little girl squealed. "Yes, we were." He was trying to hold back his emotions. It had only been one month since he'd seen her, but it felt like a lot longer. For Cassie, it had only been a few hours. She had seen him before the Snap and then saw him an hour after she was brought back. So, he acted like nothing too major happened, for his daughter's sake. 

Cassie went to Hope next and gave her a hug. "Hope! You're not in the hospital anymore?" She asked. "No, I'm here and I'm fine now," Hope replied. 

Scott had told Cassie that Hope was in the hospital after the first few weeks of the coma. He didn't tell her why, of course. 

They walked inside and were met by Maggie and Paxton. The look in their eyes told Scott that they knew what had happened. 

"It was so weird, one second we were all sitting on the couch watching a movie, and then I guess I fell asleep, because when I woke up, the TV was off, and the house looked different. The door was broken!" Cassie explained to the adults who were now sitting on the couch. 

"Cassie, could you give us a minute to talk?" Maggie asked. "Sure, I wanted to play outside anyway." The little girl said, skipping away. 

"I'm guessing that story is a little different from your perspective," Hope said. Maggie nodded and took a deep breath, and then started to explain. "What Cassie said was true, all three of us were sitting down on the couch, watching a movie. She was um... the first to go." She stopped for a second, shuddering at the memory. "Jim was next, and I watched the both of them dust away before my own arm started to dissolve. Right before it took me, I saw an emergency broadcast on the T.V. That was the last thing I saw. When I came to, I saw that the house had changed. There were no lights on, and the door was taken off its hinges. We stayed here for about forty-five minutes before we saw the news." She finished. "But what happened to us isn't important. Can you guys fill us in? Because I feel like we missed something." Paxton said. 

Scott and Hope tried to explain the best they could. They seemed to understand, but being taken out of existence for two years was hard for them to handle. "I know that's a lot to process," Hope said once they had finished explaining. 

"So, Scott was stuck in the back of a van for two years, and you faked your death," Paxton said. "Basically..." Scott nodded. "And then you teamed up with the Avengers to go back in time, and reverse the work of a genocidal purple alien." Maggie summed up. "It's an oversimplification of events, but yes," Hope said. Then her phone rang. The caller ID said, "Dad." She looked at the phone, speechless. 

"Hope? Who is it?" Scott asked, noting her shocked expression. 

He looked at the caller ID and realized. 

"Um, I need to go," Hope said, getting up. 

"I'll go with you." 

"No, stay. Spend some time with Cassie." She insisted, and then she left. 

"We were going to take Cassie to see her friends. To see if they're okay. I'll tell her you had to be somewhere." Maggie offered. 

"Thank you," Scott said and followed Hope out the door. 

"I can't believe I forgot!" She murmured, walking down the driveway. "I've been waiting to see him for two years, and I just forgot!" 

"I'm sorry, I should have reminded you." Scott apologized, coming up behind her. "You should be with Cassie." She said. 

"She's going to see some of her friends. I think it's best if I go with you. Remember, the last time he saw you, you were still in a coma." 

She nodded. 

"Also, you don't know where the parking lot is and I assume he's still there." He added. 

"You're right. Too bad I'll have to fly you there..." She said smirking. 

"Not again!" He protested. 

A few moments later, Scott was holding onto her while she flew to the parking lot. They had their radios on so that he could tell her where to go. About five minutes later, they landed. Hank stood about a hundred feet away from them. "Dad..." Hope said softly.

                                                                         Author's Note

Scott and Cassie are finally reunited! YAY! Happy days! Now we can start on non-Endgame material and start on original stories!