Chapter-4

Hi guys !
Really sorry for not updating for a while . there was this huge mess I noticed after I had published the 3 rd chapter so I first had to set things right and delete a whole draft I had saved and also my iPod broke like literally which caused the whole setup to get ruined , I'm not an expert with electronic mechanism so that's how I'll explain it . anyway I noticed that my chapters are too short . I'll try my best to lengthen them. Sorry ,again .
Please vote and comment ,it means a lot !

Hugs xxx
Venessa

I turned to face the others knowing I've messed up big time . now they all will think that I'm responsible for this monster attack . I looked hard at Sadie and Catherine who were trying their best not to look guilty . I looked back at Edmund , Susan ,Peter and Lucy who I thought I could make good friends with . now I've made them all feel guilty of awkward towards me . I looked back at the sea where my supposedly father just disappeared . I had enough of the long silence so I ran home , this time no one followed .

I was so annoyed with my self that I ran straight to my room and banged the door shut . a few minutes later mum came up with a mug of hot cocoa . she saw me crying on my bed and placed the mug on the table and came and sat next to me . "it's not your fault you've ended up like this ," she said looking down . I looked at her sitting up straight in bed .

"Could you at least tell me why ? " I said looking at her "why my life is a mystery ? "

Mum looked at me ,her eyes were dark gold " I can take you to your past where you'll find out the truth , but sweetie I think it's better to not think of what happened before " she said holding my hand . I looked at her , determination filled in my eyes . mum looked at me and sighed . then her eyes looked powerful and all of a sudden my vision went black and I felt myself travel back to the past .

I looked about ten , with same brown hair and eyes . this time my eyes were of the colour sea green with no gold rim around it . I was chasing a boy who looked twelve with the same looks like me . we were running down a strawberry field . I looked happy then , no mature look in my eyes . I saw myself stumble and that boy came and helped me up punching me lightly on my hand . we were both laughing . The vision changed I saw myself battling a Minotaur and beside me was a boy with black hair that fell over his eyes and he was dressed in a red shirt with a black aviator jacket on, he was wearing black boots and a black trouser . he looked about 14 years old and had a very lightly tanned face . he looked smart and handsome swishing his black sword at some monsters by . I looked about 13 and pretty courageous looking . onto my left was another boy , the same boy in my previous vision with sea green eyes and dark brown hair they fell over his eyebrows . I knew he was Percy , my half brother and us three together with another girl with blonde hair all tied in a plait who I assume was Annabeth , Percy's friend . the boy next to me was Nico . he looked all fine and handsome and I remembered at that point he was my best friend . memories washed over me of how I was in camp , how I made new friends , my fun times with Percy and Annabeth , capture the flag , tricks that I played on Mr D and Chiron with my friends Connor and Travis ,the numerous number of quests I've gone on , the monsters I've fought , my sword Hurricane which was a magic ring that switched into my sword and specially all my fun times with Nico . the memories were amazing but bitter . I missed all of them . the world I've left behind . my vision shifted I was in the forest with the whole camp celebrating our defeat with the Giants , I had turned 14 and completing my part of the quest, and all my new friends ,Jason ,Leo,Piper,Hazel and Frank . I remembered a man clothed in skins coming out from the bushes claiming that I was the most powerful sorceress that has ever stepped on this world , that I should be taken or the pain and death I will cause for everyone I loved . the old man promised to send me back to camp after I learnt how to use my mothers powers properly . I hadn't wanted to hurt anyone so I agreed to the old sorcerer and said goodbye to all my friends at camp the next day . I remember the long goodbyes I got from my brother and all my close friends . I remembered the fight we had the previous night before , when I had been claimed daughter of the high sorceress , my mother , I remembered the long wait for Nico but he never came . the old sorcerer led me to a portal where I was transported to another world and finding out that it was a trick . being chained and tortured to stand up against my mothers people , I remember the day everything was a disaster , my mother storming the castle and ruining all the sorcerers who had caused me harm . the last thing I remembered was my mother hugging me tight and enchanting me in a language I never understood and then I fell asleep .

I woke up with a start . mum was still near my bed tears pouring down her cheeks ,she looked at me , guilt undisguised . "I'm so sorry Victoria ," she said in a whisper . " I only wanted to protect you , if they again take you even my magic won't be enough to save you . " She said . anger was engulfing me , my eyes became hot. I stared at her "why did you ruin my life mom ! " I screamed . "I was happy and you took it away from me , you mean to say that two days ago you erased my mind and filled it with all sorts of rubbish saying that I'm a normal kid who needs a change in life . " I said tears pouring down my cheeks "you never came to see me . I was always under the impression that you were dead . " I said looking hard at her " dad visited me at least once a year on either mine or Percy's birthday . what did you do huh ? You just stormed a whole castle and saved my life only then to change my memory . " Mom was crying now . " Its against all rules , if I ever had visited you , your whole life would have been ruined , you were not of age to see me as your mother , I was going to visit you when you turned 14 but the wiccans of the dark defeated me by coming first and tricking you . " She said . "but why mom ? Why erase my memory ? I had a half brother, I was a heroine , I completed dozens of quests , I ... I " I had to take a deep breath when I thought about Nico , my best friend , he had never liked goodbyes and I remembered the flower he had left on my dresser , a white moon lace that was very rare . I sobbed nothing will bring me to forgive my mother . i took one last look at my mom and ran out of my room to the dark streets below .

I ran to the park and sat near an old oak tree . I looked down at my palms which were sweaty because my mother was holding them throughout my vision . I was sick of my life , My reason . water was forming around my legs . the 'Greek me' had come back to life . I was happy for that . good memories washed all over me making me smile . I felt like I was in there . I looked around the old town . it had no Greek effect in it but I felt a little bit at ease . I remembered the days I would sleep under the stars when I was on quests . today will have no difference ,I thought and layed my head on the soft sand and closed my eyes

I woke up next morning and looked around , it must have been around 9.00am because many cars were on the move . thankfully no one had noticed me . I trudged down to a nearby river to hear voices at a serious discussion .
"Her mothers dead worried , we don't know where she went "
" She can handle herself , she's kinda tough "
I realised those voices belonged to Susan and Edmund . it was sweet of Edmund to stand up for me .
"Your just standing up for her because you fancy her " I heard Lucy say and everyone laughed ."no I don't , it's just Victoria and I are good friends " I heard Edmund say. I laughed , these people really cared .
"Victoria is going through a lot , half Greek half elemental , but she's human all the same ." I heard Sadie say . "whatever happened to her "Peter asked "I mean she doesn't have to get all stressed up and all "
"She's sort of recovering from her past " I heard Catherine say . "we all should adjust to that "
"Whatever happened to her ?" Edmund asked "well" Catherine said "it's sort of a long story "
"Well we have all day ." Lucy said
"Alright but please don't hate her or think she's wierd or something "Catherine said as she began to say the truth . I didn't want to listen to it so I went down stream to freshen up . I splashed some water onto my face and took a good swim at the river . thankfully I could dry myself if I wanted to , so after drying up , I fiddled with my ring deciding wether to flip it or keep just the way it is when I heard some footsteps , many footsteps coming towards my direction , I had no time to run as Lucy appeared from the bushes .

"Guys I found her !" She squealed and everyone came to view . Catherine and Sadie came running upto me and hugged me "oh ! Your mom I worried sick about you where have you been ? "Said Sadie after the long bear hug . "oh just on a stroll " I said stepping aside . "on a stroll ? Victoria you could have gotten yourself into a lot of danger ." Edmund said stepping in front of me . "you got us all worried " he said staring straight at me . I looked down , he looked just like Nico but with those gorgeous brown eyes . "you won't understand " I said "non of you would. " .

"Understand what ? "Catherine said , "did your mum tell you ?" She asked .
"is Percy still alive , how about Annabeth ? How's camp doing ? No other quests . how's Nico ? " I asked and immediately regretted it when I saw Edmund look up . Catherine looked shocked . "you know ...... I - I thought it will never be relieved ." she said . "I was adamant on that " I said . "you told everyone right ?" Catherine looked down and Peter immediately covered up for her . "we know but we don't find it crazy . " He said stepping forward . Lucy had gone quiet for a while . "Edmund ," she said "why is the water moving ? ".

We all looked at the river , the water was forming whirlpools and spraying water on us . Edmund looked at me . "not me this time " I said . the water grabbed Susan , Peter , Lucy and Edmund in. I looked at the water shocked . then all of a sudden a massive wave came and washed me off my feet pulling me down deeper.