Chapter -2

We crossed the bridge and headed off to the park when we finally decided to talk. "you went to meet trumpkin right?" he asked looking at me . I sighed "how do you know ?"I asked . "uh you know ," he said as we reached a private spot . I stopped and pulled him by the collar "your not spying on me , are you?" I asked my eyes burning. he stared at me for some time before shrugging off and saying , "I'm in terms with him , being the king and you know "he rattled on .

I let go of his collar and shrugged " let me guess Edmund the just ?" he shrugged back "yes I wanted you to know but I thought you would just think I'm crazy and all " he said looking down . he looked up again , "how do you know ?" he asked frowning . I too hadn't thought about that I looked down frowning " I just know ," I replied quietly . he didn't look surprised instead he just smiled and punched me on the arm . "lucky guess !" He said . I too laughed at his humour ,"thanks for believing ," I said . Edmund smiled. then suddenly we heard a scream .I looked towards the direction from where I heard the noise . another scream was heard and this time more adult sounding I looked at Edmund , he only had to nod and we sprinted towards that direction .

Edmund was there first and I saw him pull out a sword with a lion head carved on it . he charged towards the big cloud of dust and I heard swords clashing on each other. I ran towards a pretty fair girl with deep freckles on her nose long brown hair . she looked pale and in shock , her hands were cold when I picked her up and took her under a shade . the fighting suddenly stopped and the mist subsided Edmund came out bruised and battered. he too looked pale I ran towards him and he held the sword at a distance "my metal wouldn't even pierce the monster , it would pass through as if the monster was made of dust " he groaned just as another scream was heard we ran towards the sound to see another girl who looked like the girl who I saved . she was stuck in a heap of vines which seemed to be tightening her in their grip . the little girl who had come with us ran towards the older girl . "Susan ! Susan! " she shouted and Edmund ran towards them , the three seemed to have a connection when Edmund saw my confused face and said "siblings ," I sighed and smiled back but the situation only became worse . Edmund was trying was trying to loosen the ropes but his sword just passed through . I was stunned at first but it hit me "those are Greek vines planted by goddess Demeter , she must have planted these as a fence to protect he blessed crops ." all those words came out of my mouth making me place my hand over my mouth . how, how come I know about these ? I thought . Edmund too looked stunned . "how do you know ? " He asked . then every thing made sense to me , my head was spinning and I felt dizzy . Every thing made sense to me . my dad , my mother , how I had been shifted from place to place just under the thought that I was going to get a better life , how many wanted me dead. the monster hadn't come for Edmund , Susan or the little girl who's name was Lucy , it had come for me . I looked down at the ring my father left for me . it had grown warm on my palm. Edmund's puzzled look , Susan's screams and Lucy's shocked face seemed distance as I stared at the ring with a lions head and many Greek carvings on it . I knew what to do , I flipped the ring up and it turned into a sword with a double blade on both sides and a carved triton and a lions head on it , I caught the blade which seemed light and balanced on my hand . it glowed a faint bronze and the whole blade was in bronze , celestial bronze I thought . I had no time for thinking as I heard Susan give yet another piercing scream and I saw blood pouring down her side I ran towards her and cut down the vines with one swoop .

Hi guys !
Hope you guys are enjoying the story so far and also really sorry guys I've edited Sadie's eye colour to deep blue and Victoria's eye colour to sea green .sorry, again . anyway enjoy !

Hugs xxx

Venessa