Chapter -15

Hi guys !
I dedicate this chapter to Mystypayhorlickson for all the votes , it means a lot !

Edmund's POV

The woman , or I thought who it was stood right before us . the weirdest thing was that she was like a mummy , dead and rotten . she seemed to be looking at us but her eyes looked distant .
"I have been sent from the gods and from Aslan himself ." she said and immediately smoke came out from her mouth and she spoke in a steely voice ,
"The ring , the crown and the sword will save ,
The land of narnia from the White witch's raze
The hero from ancient land herself ,
May end this war by paying a painful death .
If not for death no one shall succeed ,
The White witch shall gain her realm.
And with those very understandable words disappeared in a puff of smoke . We all looked at her go incomplete shock .
"Does Aslan know who this guy is ? " Peter said looking at the empty space where the mummy stood. He had a grim confused look on his face . "we don't know anything about this prophecy as well " Caspian said shaking his head . we all headed out to the deck and stood there hoping for something good to happen and for it to happen fast .

Time lapse ( because I had nothing interesting to think of ! )

We were reaching a land where the voice of darkness or now we knew , the White witch was in hiding . I wanted Victoria to join us as well but I knew that there was nothing that I could have done . I scanned the island as we neared it and caught sight of many narnians there but they all seemed slow and sorrowful . Lucy looked out as well , her face becoming pale , "what do you think has happened here ? " She asked looking at me directly with her blue eyes. I sighed , "were about to find out . " I said as we went on a boat to the shores of the land along with the rest of the crew , a few had been left behind to guard the ship and send out search parties if we didn't return soon . I got on to the soft sand and felt a wave of nausea rush over me . I didn't trust this land at all .

"We better get moving ! " Caspian shouted as the rest of us moved behind him . we were reaching a river by down fall when we first decided to make camp and rest . it was a tiring journey and we wanted a shut eye . we immediately fell asleep .

I woke up next day to the sound of singing . Caspian , Peter , Susan and Lucy had woken up as well . they have all seemed to have woken up and heard the melodious voice drifting in the air. It wasn't one but many sweet voices not coming from far . "what or who is that ? " Asked Lucy smiling . "might be one of those nereids who we went across on our journey yesterday " said Susan slinging her bow over her back . "but it seems more human ,"I said , I know that sounds stupid but the voice sounded familiar . "what if we go look ? " Asked Peter . Caspian then scoffed , "we can't just leave . " He said but soon agreed when Susan pulled him by the arm and we all went towards the voices .

We reached another pool , this time it was more beautiful surrounded by bushes sprouting with flowers and the whole area looked calm . "oh you really mustn't , " A girls voice interrupted the singing , " Really don't waste your time , I myself don't have much time I have a quest as well . " The voice sounded strangely familiar , we all didn't move and we stood there listening . "but your pretty ! " We heard another voice said . "but really no , I mean thank you . you've already done my hair , well dress me up later after the quest is done . " The girl said but we heard giggles and a burst of bluish-green light followed by oohs and aahhs . "oh my ! " The girl said and I knew it was her , Victoria too is is in narnia ! Realisation dawned on the others well as we all ran out from the bushes.

The girls screamed when they saw us and some of them even dived into the pool . Victoria looked at them in shock as she turned to see who it was , the nereids guarded her and she let out a small gasp when she saw us all .

She looked beautiful with her hair all tied up in clumps of curls and some even fell on her face , her hair was decorated with precious pearls and beautiful white flowers . she was wearing a light green sleeveless fountain dress ( don't wonder how I know it, Lucy is into those ) and she was barefoot , her delicate ankles showing . she walked towards us and her eyes hid a lot of emotions , she glanced at Peter and Caspian who looked back at her with pleading eyes . she smiled , "eidolons wasn't it ? " She asked . Peter and Caspian heaved a sign of relief . "oh thank god you believed us " Peter said while Caspian chuckled . I still couldn't take my eyes off her , she looked at me and played a smirk , "am I that ugly ?" She asked and I felt my face go hot , I swear I would have looked like a strawberry if Lucy hadn't nudged me , "oh yeah , I mean no! What ? I mean yes of course your beautiful and all , I just can't get my words right , right now. " I Rattled on carelessly .

Peter coughed and gave me a look like ' drop it ' I shrugged and saw Victoria running off near the nereids . "my clothes ! " She demanded which made all the nereids giggle . "we sort of hid it so you can wear theses new ones , "one nereid said as she handed me new ones , your old ones sort of got dirty when we were playing around . Victoria didn't mind as she recited a small self and the new clothes sort of teleported to her and she seemed to have them already worn . she looks smart in the deerskin jeans , black vest and her blue jacket , she was definitely a contrast to all of us who wore like the people back golden age . "From wherever did you get these ?" She asked . the nereids looked at each other , "well Nico saw a dream about you leaving the rest , he wanted to warn you but there is war back at camp and he can do nothing so he sort of got a fury to send these personally to you , she gave it to us knowing that you have connections with us . " One nereid said . Trying not to smile , whereas all the other nereids bursts out laughing . "what ? " She asked . "you didn't see that coming " another nereid said wriggling her eyebrows . Victoria just face palmed herself . "uh no , but for your information were just friends ." she said crossing her hands over her chest . "oh okay ! " The nereids said and they dived underwater .

She smiled and waved them goodbye . I felt kind of annoyed with myself for liking her , she already likes someone else , I scolded myself . "we better go , sorry for the long delay " she said as we were off . it was going to be a long walk I thought as we trudged down the woods where we saw our crew waiting for us . they cheered when they saw Victoria . she smiled at them and we continued our journey .