Chapter - 18

The White witch smiled a very cold smile and flicked her hand , immediately the White witch's army stopped fighting and looked at her in surprise . the demigods and the narnians stopped fighting as well and looked at me as I came out of the tent . "my fellow narnians ! " The White witch said , "I'm pleased to say that we've got a sacrifice ! " The White witch said pointing at me . I looked up to see the enemy cheering and the looks of horror on the narnians and demigods faces .
Aslan looked at me as well and then at the White witch , " And for what is that ? " He asked . the witch sneered ," this girls fatal flaw is her loyalty , just like her brother . she doesn't want any of her fellow narnians and demigods dead , so she has offered her own , When I become queen you all will be given good lives as a tribute for her Heath for you all , " The White witch said sneering , I lowered my head hiding my smirk , littlest do she know that her life depended on my ring , I die , the life force of the ring goes with me so the witch dies as well . Aslan seemed to be understanding that he roared in agreement . " No ! " Shouted Nico as he came forward against everyone's warnings , " I .will. not. let .her. Die ." he said and the witch gave him one of her cold smiles , " Oh why does that bother you , child ? Isn't your father the God of the underworld ? " She asked . Nico looked back at her glaring , his eyes looking dangerous .
Percy stepped forward as well , " Take me ! " He shouted " I'll be the sacrifice " he said . the witch snickered , " You cannot Perseus Jackson ! She's the rightful heir to the throne and she is the only one I want dead !" The White witch shouted . suddenly all the narnians started to argue which got the voice out of me , " This is my death ! Not yours ! " I shouted and everyone kept quiet , Edmund looked at me with sorrow filling in his eyes . " She wants me dead , then so be it !" I shouted and the enemy cheered . the witch released Mr from her grasp , " I'm watching you , if you at
Least run away I'll have them all killed ! " She shouted at the narnians and the demigods . I looked at them all as the two armies departed and we went to our camp ready for tomorrow .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The walk back to camp was quiet and we reached it late . all the soldiers and narnians went to bed except for the stubborn demigods , Caspian and the Pevensies . We all sat by the fire and maintained a long pause , I swear that if it wasn't for Aslan we would have all slept there face first on the fire . "my children , " Aslan said as he came and sat near me , " We all know that a sacrifice has to be made , a sacrifice so powerful that it'll be the end of the White witch as well " Aslan said and that caught the attention of everyone , " But why her ? " Edmund asked . Aslan nodded his head , " She's powerful , the White witch cannot rule with her alive " . I looked at everyone and they looked at me sadly , Lucy and Susan were holding hands and I saw faint tears falling from Lucy's clear blue eyes . Peter looked at me as well and so did Caspian . Edmund's eyes were red . I looked at my family , the demigods . Hazel placed her head on a sad looking Frank , Piper was wiping her tears and Jason looked into the fire his expression blank . Leo was playing with the fire looking at it as if it had no significance . Annabeth was crying as well and percy held her hand , he looked at me with tears brimming in his sea green eyes , he wiped them off but he looked sad and not the same kind of percy I knew . Nico was sitting near me looking at the fire , once or twice small wishbones or dog loots will appear on the soil and it will find its way down to the earth again . he was holding my hand and I could tell that he was annoyed the way he tightened his grip on and off .

I looked back at Aslan and then back again at my friends , " Look guys , I too don't want any of this , but the White witch has to be stopped . this is the only way , if I'm right she'll die as soon as I'm killed and narnia will be safe again . " I looked up to see everyone's expressions . " But I cannot lose you again ," Percy said , " I lost you once and I was more than happy to find my sister , now you're going to leave me forever ?" He said and Annabeth pulled him close . " no Victoria , let's fight for narnia , we don't want you killed ," Edmund said . I looked at him sadly , " If only I could , but I'll never turn away from my mothers people , she left you all once for me ,none brought me up knowing my destiny , it's already half fulfilled , my mother brought me up knowing that I'll one day bring life and glory to narnia , " I said .

"No , I won't have you killed " Nico said and he got up , immediately making another dozen wishbones come out , " I don't want you killed , I - I - " Nico was on the verge of breaking up in tears . I gently placed my hand on his shoulder , " You have to understand ," I said but Nico brushed me off , " I've lost many people that I love , first it was my mother , then Bianca , now you ." He said and piper shushed him , "nico we all need to do what's right ," she said lacing her char speak to her voice ," it's the only way " . Nico didn't reply and we all became quiet , I moved into my tent wishing that tomorrow will never come .