20

Edward sent a message out that night to the Volturi to announce the wedding and the pregnancy

Edward sent a message out that night to the Volturi to announce the wedding and the pregnancy. Amelia sat with her hands resting on her bump thinking of the outcome of all this. Bella was staying with Jacob, Hanna and Braxton were at the Cullens. In three days was the battle that had everyone scared. Amelia gasped in pain causing Edward to look at her. "Baby?"

"It's nothing." She tells him in pain.

"That doesn't sound like nothing." He said. "Is something wrong?"

"The baby." Was all she said as she cried in pain. "Oh god!"

Edward went to her side and held her. "Baby?" He said. "Oh no."

"What?"

"Amelia, we are skipping the battle. You're in labor."

Amelia looked at Edward as she screamed in pain.
~~~
Carlisle left his post as Amelia was in labor. She laid in bed crying as she just wanted to push. Carlisle shook his head knowing he would need to do an emergency surgery. "Edward." He looked at him. "She might die if I don't get that baby out."

"Please. Save her and my child."

Carlisle nodded as they heard a faint heart beat and knew. Amelia was dying. Edward watched as Carlisle started cutting Amelia open as she whimpered in pain. He held her hand as Carlisle did the emergency c-section.

Outside of the Cullen house, Hanna and Braxton arrived. Hanna in tears as Braxton didn't hear a heartbeat, but the cries of a newborn child. "No." She said as Braxton hugged her. "She's gone."

"No, she's not." Edward said as he held his daughter. "I bit her before she passed. I can't lose her and neither can Amber."

"Amber?"

Edward nodded as he looked at his little girl. "In three days, Amelia will see her daughter for the first time." He said as his eyes filled with tears that will never fall.

Hanna walked over and hugged him. He wasn't the only one dealing with this pain. Her best friend is in transition and there is this battle. Braxton sighed. "Are you going to fight?"

"I can't." He said. "Amelia needs me here and so does Amber."

They nodded as Edward walked back in with Amber. He wasn't going to leave Amelia alone as she goes through her new life. He looked at the baby in his arms and smiled. "Mommy is going to be okay. We will be right there waiting."

Amber closed her eyes for a nap. Edward looked at Amelia as he laid Amber down. He walked over to her and sighed. First, clean her up. Get her changed and finally, wait for her to wake up. Kissing her head, Edward made one promise. "Once you wake up, we will get married and go on a long break." He said as he heard the phone ringing. "Your mom is calling. I'm going to tell her that you are asleep and that the baby is fine. You need to go see her once you wake up."

Amelia's body laid still with a fresh bite mark on her neck from him. Edward kissed her lips before going to answer the phone. He never once thought that Amelia heard everything. He looked back at Amelia as he could have sworn he heard her mind. "I love you."

Edward smiled as he knew she was going to be okay. "I love you, Amelia."

Sorry it's short, but I wanted to try something different. What's next for Amelia and Edward?

 What's next for Amelia and Edward?