2

Amelia woke up the next morning

Amelia woke up the next morning. Her mother had stayed the night at Charlie's as Hanna left to kill Braxton. Amelia left to go take a shower. Hanna came back with the Cullens and they noticed Amelia's room was empty. "Amelia?" Hanna called out for.

Edward heard the shower running and walked over to the door. "She's in the shower." Hanna nodded. "What exactly did she see?"

"I'll let her tell you since that's her story, not mine." Hanna tells him. "I do have a question." They nodded. "Mates?"

"You just know." Alice said. "Like Edward and Amelia." Hanna nodded.

"I'm glad it's Edward and not some asshole." Hanna said. Edward nodded as he actually wants to get to know the mute mate.
~~~
Amelia and Edward walked through the hall together. Hanna walked in front of them talking about a shopping trip as Amelia was going to spend time with Edward. The girls were surprised when Hope accepted Edward. She believes Edward can get her daughter talking again. "I'll see you guys later."

Amelia waved at her as Hanna walked in her class. "Braxton left last night." Amelia nodded. "Just ignore him."

Amelia grabbed her notebook and wrote "he doesn't like me."

"His jealous over the other new girl Bella's blood." Amelia nodded. "I can be around you as you don't have a smell." Amelia smiled shyly. "Let's get today over with." Amelia nodded.
~~~
Over the week, Bella has observed Amelia and Edward. Edward has treated Amelia better. Bella never met Amelia, but the way Hope and her dad talk, Amelia is sweet and talented. Bella wondered if Amelia knew their secret since Braxton treated her badly that day. "Bella is looking over here." Amelia wrote causing Rosalie to glare.

"Ignore her." Edward said as Braxton glared at Rosalie.

"Please don't fight." She wrote. Braxton looked at her than to Edward.

"Why doesn't she talk?" Braxton asked making Edward glare as Amelia wrote her answer in tears.

"I watched my father kill himself and that's why I'm mute." Amelia said as she ran off.

"Ass." Hanna said as she ran after her best friend as Edward glared.

"You had no right to ask that." Edward said. "I hope to god someone kills Bella." He walked away in search of Amelia. Braxton mumbled under his breath. Rosalie smacked him and walked away.
~~~
Edward found her and hugged his mate. "Ignore Braxton." Amelia grabbed her notebook and handed it to him.

"I have been trying to forget about that day. When he asked, memories of that day came back. What was I supposed to do? Let him say that. I watched him shoot himself  and there was nothing I could do to stop it. Yet he sat there and had to ask why I don't talk. My world has already shattered. Can't Braxton just stop acting like an ass because Isabella is his singer."

"Amelia." Edward said with venom in his eyes. "I swear to you that I am here for you and that nothing or no one will stop that."

"Promise."

"Promise."
~~~
Amelia walked out of the school with Edward talking about their last class. Amelia smiled at how him and Jasper watch the awkward interaction between Bella and Braxton. "Let's hope he doesn't expose us."

"He will."

"What?" Amelia pointed at the van heading for Bella and Braxton using his speed to save her. "Rosalie will kill him."

"Or Bella." She thought for Edward to read. He smiled and hugged her.

"Let's go home." Amelia nodded as the two walked towards the car. Braxton saw Edward, who glared.

"Amelia." Amelia looked at Braxton. "I'm sorry for what I said. I never knew you witnessed something like that." Edward watched as Amelia nodded towards Braxton. "The night I turned, my mother shot me, but I didn't die instantly. So I watched her kill herself."

"Were you close to her?"

"Amelia asked if you was close to your mom."

"No." Braxton said. "She was always a drunk and abusive."

"I'm sorry you went through that, but right now, I think Bella needs you." Braxton nodded at the note and left.

"I'm so proud of you." Edward tells her. "I still don't trust Braxton."

"I don't because it seems he has anger built up and one word can set him off." Edward nodded agreeing with Amelia.

"Let's go home." Hanna stood there with her arms cross. "Hanna is ready to kill me since we haven't left yet."

"I have my reasons." Hanna said as she got in here car and Amelia in Edward's. "See you at the house." Amelia nodded as she rolled the window up. Edward felt her grab his hand making him smile as he pulled out and left. Amelia believes she has found her happiness again and maybe she can get the courage to talk.

 Amelia believes she has found her happiness again and maybe she can get the courage to talk