8. Friday Night

Scarlett's POV:

I got home and went straight into my bathroom to shower. When I was finished I checked my phone and saw a message from a number I didn't recognize.

When I opened the message a small smile formed on my face.

"hey, it's ash" Sent 6 minutes ago.

"hi, how did you get my number? lmao"

As soon as it sent he started typing.

"don't worry about it. wyd?"

I laughed and decided to ask Gia tomorrow.

"just got out of the shower. wyd?"

I put my phone down and went to grab my hairbrush. When I came back I scoffed at his message.

"texting you"

I replied instantly.

"ur funny yk that?" (you're funny. you know that?)

"how is that?"

"ur a flirt." (you're a flirt.)

"me? a flirt? never"

I actually laughed out loud.

"you are. it doesn't work on me though ;)"

"might have to try harder then"

Ha.

"good luck."

He laughed at my message and that was the end of our conversation. If he really thinks he can flirt his way into my life he has another thing coming.

I mean yeah he was attractive but I've seen plenty of attractive people in my life. He was no different. Well other than the fact that he's a drug dealer with little tattoos on his face.

My parents would never approve. They don't need to though, because it's not happening.

Today was supposed to be a chill day. It was Friday for fucksake, but Gia texted me and asked if she could come pick me up to go to a bonfire.

It was seven o'clock and I was ready to snuggle into my covers. Sigh. Well I guess tonight I can't watch The Vampire Diaries.

I texted her back and told her that I would ask my parents. My dad was usually the chill one. It was my mom I had to worry about. So I asked my dad.

I walked into the living room and sat down next to him on the couch. "Hey dad?" He looked at me with a warm smile. "Yes princess?"

"So Gia invited me to this bonfire and I kind of want to go. It will be chill, just a few kids from school hanging out." I lied.

He sighed and looked at his watch. "Yes, but I want you back home by eleven. No later."

I squealed and gave him a hug. "Thanks dad!" He laughed and turned to look at the tv again. 

I went back up to my room and began getting ready.

I decided to straighten my hair and go with a natural makeup look. I never usually straightened my hair but tonight felt like a straight hair day.

I put on a tight fitted basic black tee and a pair of ripped jeans shorts with my white high top converse.

After about an hour of getting ready I texted Gia and let her know that I was good to go.

"on my way" She texted.

I hearted her message and waited in my room.

"here"

I started walking downstairs and hugged my parents goodbye. "No later than one in the morning, I know."

My dad looked at me with a confused expression and he was about to say something but I started to laugh. "Eleven, I know."

"Very funny Scarlett." He mumbled shaking his head.

I laughed once more. "Okay, bye guys. I love you." "We love you too."

I walked out and closed the door behind me.

Rue rolled down Gia's window and she stuck her head out. "Ready?" She shouted excitedly.

"Always." I smiled opening the door and putting on my seatbelt.