jhootha kahin ka....

I won the trophy, I won it. this kept repeating in my head.Because it didn’t feel real. Everyone use to say karan is winner material but iam the one who won. I was happy for myself and I knew karan is also happy for me, but I know him and I know there is a part of him that is upset. 

I wish i was with him. And her I was stuck giving intervies and statements.

They were all saying that we seemed fake and all.

I wish I could just escape.

                 #      #       #

I was in my vanity van. Finally. I was very nervous coming in this real world. Where does this real world leads us to. Will karan I have time. It all was messing me up.

“R, have seen sunny?” I ask one of my team member.

“ he toh left”

“ left?” I ask incredously

“ haan, he was with his parents , in a car”

I sit there at a loss of words.

He didn’t even meet me… 

“ Did he ask for me usse pehle?” I ask in a small voice.

R lookedat me as if she wanted to tell me something but wasn’t sure if she should or not.

“ just say it” I say with a huff.

“ he was passing from here, toh I said , sir wait, ma’am will be here in 15 mins” she said

“ what did he say?”

“ uhmm,---” she looked like she ate something bad in dinner “ he said -no I don’t want to meet her”

Don’t want to meet her, it was as if somebody drenched me in cold water.

“ no, problem it’s not like I am dying to meet him” I say and casually open my phone.

I look at it unseeingly. Was everything not real , was it just fake. I sigh as I thing of how I just justified and answered to everyone that it wasn’t fake. Were they all true. They all thought it was fake. Did their eyes saw what mine couldn’t.

No I am not wrong, what I felt cannot be a lie. Then why did karan said that?

I move on autopilot as my parents meet me and take me home with them to celebrate.

Dad asks me to rest for a while so that they could decorate and arrange everything.

Parents, they know us so well they know when we need silence and when chaos.

I go silently to my room . I don’t bother switching on the light. I go and sit in the centre of the bed.

My phone rings and I get excited thinking it’s karan that I pickup without seeing the display.

“why did u left like that?” I ask with a whine.

“ teju?” my brother’s voice echoes

I sigh and hangup.

I message my brother that I will call in few minutes. 

I fall back on my comforter. The room illuminates as my phone rings. I don’t bother picking it up.

It rings again and again. I get so angry that I snatch phone and answer “ what the hell is your problem?”

There is silence on the other side. Then a sigh. A sigh that I have heard so many times in the past few months. My eyes fill with tears but I don’t let them drop and close my eyes.

“most definitely you” he replies.

“ then why you calling” I whisper.

“ oh because I promised someone that I ‘ll call”

“ call but not meet huh?” I ask with a little venom.

“ matlab?” he asks with a tinge of surprise in his voice.

“ you said you didn’t want to meet me” I say with a pained breath.

“and I didn’t wanted to” he says

A gasp escapes me.

“ kyunki , m tuje un sabh ke saamne nhi milna chahta tha, I want my moments with you to be mine first before I am ready to share it with world”

“ I thought” I say

“ inn ashani se tera pich nhi chorne wala” he murmurs.

I open my eyes and the tears flow freely.

“ jhootha”

“ come out and see for yourself”

“ don’t act like a typical hero”

“ but I am your hero” he says and the line is dead. 

I rush out of the house but there is no one there.

“ jhootha kahin ka” I say out loud.

“kabhi side me bhi dekh liya karte h” I look towards the voice and karan is standing near the tree. I run and hug him.

He hugs me and murmurs “ hor phir, aaj ka ki plan?”

“ plan” I say “ is that aaj aapki pithai hogi”

And then I hit him lightly.

“uff, banda thodha dekh hi leta h kahan maar raha hai” he says with a laugh

“ come on, let’s go in” I say with excitement. He flicks my hair and holds my hand as we enter.
-----*----------*-----------*--------*---------*------
Should I keep on writing tidbits like this of them living a life in real world? do tell people..