Matter that matters

I was standing on my balcony reminiscing . I took teja to la italiano , where we had dinner and then took her to her home as her parents were waiting.
Today I felt something different when she sid that she loved me for who I am as a person more than for my face.
My ex's always went on saying I am only bothering you because of this face or work etc.
Hayee..
My phone rang .
I saw it was meenu di.
" hello, di"
" bhaad me jaye teri hi hello karan, she's not good for you"
"arrey, saans toh le lo" I said feeling confused as in why she was talking like that.
" karan, why you always choose people who'll just eventually hurt you." She said softly.
" I like her, she makes me happy".
" what's new in that they always do till they don't."
"no, I don't want to have this chat now, please".
"I care, she's was so effing rude and disrespectful in bigg boss."
" di.." I plead silently.
" ok ok, bubba, how are you." She asked.
Then we caught up with each other.

Next morning I woke with a start as I had a nightmare of my sister and teja fighting. They were both full on scratching one another with nails and pulling each others hair.
God that would not happen in real life karan, get a grip.
Still I felt tense later in day when I went to pick teja for her shoot as we had decided yesterday.
When I reached her house, I honked. She came out 5 mins later with two sandwiches in her hand smiling.
Seeing her helped ease some of my nerves but not completely.
She sat in the passenger seat and handed me one sandwich.
" I am driving" I said but still took it.
" what's wrong ?" she said with a hand on my cheek
" nothing" I said not meeting her eyes.
She rubbed the back of my head and said " everything is okay. I love you." She said.
We had our sandwiches in silence. I knew I was stewing but my family mattered to me.
I started the car. We reached the set but there was still a tension in the air.
We got out of the car.
" is that about you sister?" she asked silently.
" what about my sister" I asked back in a offended tone.
She flinched a little at my tone but said " she messaged me on insta saying - my brother is not serious for you and you are not even his type, so loud and all talk"
Now it was my turn to flinch. She seriously did that. I had underestimated her feeling for teja.
" I am sorry. She's just-." I started apolozing.
" no" she said holding my face with both hands. " don't apologize for her actions. You are not the one responsible."
" but she's my sister". I said touching our foreheads.
" sab life me happy happy thode hi hota hai, she doesn't like me but that doesn't mean you don't right?" she said.
" right"
The tension in me settled down. Not completely going away but stayed still for now.
" tujhe farak nahi padha mere behen ki baat se ." I asked as we started walking hand in hand towards her vanity.
" nahi" she said too fast.
" chal jhooti" I teased her by pulling a hair strand.
She elbowed me in my side.
" ouch"
" thodha sa." She said referring to my earlier question.
Then why wasn't she angry. She seemed to understand my question.
" gussa nahi par bura laga. And I rembered the look on your face yesterday when you gave me the flower. That wasn't a lie. So it didn't hurt much,"
She hugged me and kissed me on my throat.
" the day you make me feel as if you don't want or like me, will be the day It will hurt." She said nuzzling a little into me.
" I won't" I said. A promise I was giving by which I wanted to stand forever.
" I have a meeting with ekta ma'am" I say while hugging her. " so I will meet you in evening , message when your done."
A loud music starts from the speaker.

Duniya mein aaye ho toh kaam kar pyaare

We look here and there and realize that people were staring at us.
Simba was looking here and there but there was a teasing smile on his.
The source of music and target became too obvious.
Some people were laughing.
" I should go" I whisper.
Teja kisses me and then mutters " aaj marega ye mere se, just wait"
"jungli" I say while ruffling her hair.
I walk to my car.
--------*------------*---------------*-------------*--
My mom told not to go for run today, but I did and tripped . Hurt my knee.

Moral-: mumma's right, always.(even when you don't want them to be.😉)