1. just keep breathing

"AGAIN!". I panted, I felt my lungs burning and hear my heart thumping like crazy. "YES MASTER" I shortly responded to the man yelling at me and once again I closed my eyes. I took a deep breath and concentrated on the air in my lungs only. I focuse on what i hear and try to become one with my sword.

There it is! I quickly turn to my right and raise my sword swiftly. I hear a thump. And as I open my eyes I sees a apple split in half on the ground. "Good. You can go rest now". I smile proudly at his respond, finally I did it and split that motherf. in half - with my eyes closed!

"Thank you sir Urokodaki! But I will train a little more".

He just nodded and left the woods.
I took a deep breath and smiled. Tomorrow is the big day, the exam if I am worthy of being a demon slayer.

"YN why don't you come eat dinner?" Tanjiro yells towards me. He is another student of Urokodaki, but he was here before me. His exam is Tomorrow- we are going together. He is ...okay.
A little bit loud, too loud for my taste. But he cares for everyone and wants to make sure I am fine, so I can't be mad at him.

"I am coming later! I wanna train a little more on my-" he instantly ran to me "NO! You need to eat and rest! If you are tired Tomorrow you will have more problems maybe. You need to eat and sleep well." I sighed. He was right but I didn't wanna admit it.

"Okay hear me out. How about you train with me on a 1:1 sword fight a little bit and then we eat. After dinner I won't train again, I promise."

He hummed and thought visibly. "Alright! How is your breathing technique going". "Pretty good! I master all eleven but..." I sigh. " I struggle a little bit with the Yoko mizu guruma".

Tanjiro just laughed at me. I got visibly annoyed at that. "HEY don't you laugh at me!" "I'm sorry! I'm sorry but you are seriously complaining about not mastering a modified attack. Even though you master all eleven!". He shook his head "you're too hard on yourself yn. You are an amazing fighter and you will be an amazing demon slayer!". I smiled a little at this "Alright...grab your sword and come at me Kamado!".

30 minutes later

I panted and wiped the sweat of my forehead. "Good fight Kamado...good fight!" I smiled down at him. He laid on the ground and just nodded. "Remind me of never getting on your bad side" I just laughed at it and sat next to him.

I couldn't help but stare at his sweaty forehead. I noticed once again his scar. He told me how he got it and I also remember laughing at him for that. "Is Nezuko still asleep?" I asked carefully. He just nodded at this. He lost all of his family due a demon attack. His sister is the only one who survived - kind of. She got turned into a demon. That's why he wants to become a demon slayer, he want to find a cure.

That just shows again what a pure soul he is.

"YN?" he looked up at me. "Hmm?" "Will you tell me why you want to become a demon slayer?" "No."

He sighed at that and got up. I watched him "hey its not because of you! I just don't want to talk about it..." He gave me a warm smile. "I know, let's get you something to eat! I will take a shower meanwhile". I nodded and I went to eat. While eating alone I miss my family. I miss them a lot but I have a mission to accomplish. I looked at the wall and sighed. Tanjiro must be done with his shower.

So I got up and went to the showers. I heard no water running, perfect. I undressed and went into the showers.

Then I froze.