To X Yorknew

// NO ONE'S POV //

A new day with a new beginning. The beautiful blue sky seemed to be stretching into oblivion as there was a sweet scent coming from the flower trees where the bees danced around the hive minding their own business. Through the clear glass window of a certain house could be seen two boys and a girl looking rather confused to open a box. As weird as it seems, the box wasn't budging whatsoever. It all started with Gon barging in through his bedroom door where Y/n and Killua were lazing around. "Guys, look what Mito-san gave me. She said Ging gave her this box telling her to give it to me once I become a hunter." Even with the strength with which he could solely open 3 huge ass doors, here Killua was trying to open a small box which he couldn't open by the way. "Its no use." 

"Wait- Gon, Ging told Mito-san to give this to you once you become a hunter, right?" Y/n chirped with a bulb lighting up above her head. 

"You are a genius! Gon, what's something that you have only after becoming a hunter?" Killua asked. Now as weird as it sounds for Killua to speak to Y/n so casually after that day's events, he can't bring himself to show any pain on his face. He is a master in hiding emotions so it isn't hard for him to show quick recovery. But truth be told, it takes Killua the longest to get over emotional pain compared to any other human. Plus the fact that he's never had nightmares ever before doesn't help. Deep down, he's scared to let you take on any dangers alone in the fear of losing you forever.

"Oh wait! I get it." Gon then proceeded to search his pockets for something. "Where is it? Where is it?" he asked himself. 

Gon removed his hunter license from his pocket with a huge smile and tried to insert it into the box from all directions. "GON! Just what do you think you are doing?!" Killua yelled at him with anger clearly visible in his eyes. "Gon, this is not what Killua and I meant." Y/n said sighing to herself sadly. "Huh? Then what does you mean?" 

"Its nen..."

.

.

.

"Oh." Gon answered with his mouth forming into an 'o' shape. A little nen was all it took for the box to open. The contents inside included a ring with weird symbols, a cassette and a memory card of some sort. Wearing the ring on his finger, Gon played the cassette to hear Ging's voice. He congratulated Gon on becoming a Hunter and asked him if he wants to see him, giving him two choices. If he wants to see him, just continue listening and if not, then to press the stop button. The three know the answer to that clearly so they continue listening.

Gon listens until Ging's voice says Gon must want to see him, but he doesn't want to see Gon, saying he is a bad person for choosing his own desire instead of being a parent. Ging figures it's been at least ten years since he recorded the tape and even so is still the same person: selfish. As Gon, Killua and Y/n listen to the tape eagerly, Ging continues to speak, telling Gon that he is doing reckless things and if Gon wants to find him, he will make it as difficult as possible. Gon lights up on hearing this. 'What a weird guy' Y/n thought. That is when Ging asks Gon whether he wants to hear about his mother. If yes then to continue listening. But Gon turns the cassette off. When Y/n asks him why he doesn't want to hear about his mother, he only replies by saying, "Mito-san is my only mother."

'This guy... He's impossible. I mean he wants to hear about his father but not his mother?! How juvenile could he get? And all because Mito-san took care of him. So if Mito San had a husband, Gon wouldn't even think about his real father?!' Y/n was having her own concerns for Gon all the while not realizing that the cassette is surrounded by nen and started rewinding, then recording and even after pulling out the buttons and trying to break the cassette, the rewinding doesn't stop making Ging's voice disappear and leave the air silenced. Now that shit happened, they all turned their attention to the memory card. Buying a gaming console was no biggie. Inserting the memory card, they find out about a game called Greed Island which is infact very expensive adding upto 5 billion. (I'm not sure if I've written the above shit correct and I'm too lazy to do some research on it😀. So if it's wrong, just deal with it. You got no other choice lmao.)

Getting no info about the game online, Killua decides to call his brother whom he calls a pig by the way to check out about the game. He picks up, having no choice when Killua threatens to break his anime figurines. Sealing a deal of giving him a copied version of the memory card for the information, they learn that a dozen pieces of the game will be given at an auction at Yorknew city. Setting the next destination as Yorknew, the three bid farewells to Mito-san and Gon's grandmother.

»——————⋆◦★◦⋆——————«

An eagle flew towards the ship where Killua, Gon and Y/n were standing and made itself comfortable on Killua's arm whereas Killua took out the small paper scroll that was tied to the eagle's leg. The meet with eagle was cut short as it flew away again right after Killua took off the scroll. In it was the URL of a hunter-only website.

»——————⋆◦★◦⋆——————«

As they enter the URL and swipe one of the hunter's license, a bar like scene pops up with a bartender wiping some glasses. As it becomes 3d and he starts explaining everything about Greed Island, Y/n was bored so she did what she always does when she's bored - space out. When the whole scene drops down to nothing and the boys start talking about what information they heard, Y/n was just nodding her head to everything they were saying. This is what happens when you don't pay attention.

It was now evening when the trio was sitting near a fountain, regretting their really bad investments. Leorio just casually eavesdropped. As the three feel his presence they turn their heads to see who was tryna eavesdrop only to find an old man claiming to be a teenager holding his typical brief case, wearing a blue tux with his black specs resting on his nose. They all smiled happily as they saw him and told him how they fucked up. He reassured them that he'll help them get all the money they lost. ( I know that they met Leorio while shopping for cell phones but let's just assume they already have those phones and he met them near the fountain.)

You just read 1197 words.