Prologue

Sakura Haruno was surrounded, surrounded by death. Everywhere she looked there were corpses. Every time she breathed through her nose she smelled the stench of blood. There was no life, no hope, no colour. Naruto was off somewhere with Sasuke fighting Madara. She had no idea where Kakashi was, and she could only hope that the rest of the rookie nine had somehow survived, thousands and thousands of white zetsus were wiping out what remained of the shinobi alliance and she was in the middle of it all.

'Weak as always huh?' Sakura thought, 'I'm always left behind..'

'Shannaro! I'll show people who's weak!'

'Inner, don't you dare!' Sakura warned.

'SHANNARO! Time to release our ultimate technique!' The ground underneath Sakura's feet turned pitch black and spread across the battlefield. She felt a sharp pain in her forehead and a bright, white light filled her vision. 

A/N: Sorry it's so short, this is just the prologue so the actual chapters will be longer.  Also Inner's 'Ultimate Ability' is transforming the world around her/ teleporting people into their mindscape and she can kind of mess with them (Similar to what happened with Ino in the chunin exams). Hopefully you understand if not I can write a separate chapter dedicated to all of Inner's abilities in this AU.

Hopefully this isn't too confusing.