Chapter20

They journeyed up the mountains, fighting to keep standing as the harsh blizzard threatened to blow them away. Snow rained down on them, so cold their clothes were practically frozen. The smaller men of the group were being supported by Aragorn and Boromir. Legolas was at the front of the group, standing atop the snow, seeming to be unaffected by the harsh weather they were faced with. The others were following behind the elf, the thick layer of snow on the ground parting as they struggled through it. Even the horse, Bill, was having a hard time as he was led by Gimli.

The blonde haired elf made his way past the rest of the Fellowship and stopped to try and look past the heavy snow. He narrowed his eyes as the snow and cold air fought against him and his keen ears caught on what sounded like a voice.

"There is a foul voice on the air." He said.

"It's Saruman!" Gandalf yelled as he turned to look at the rest of the group. His beard had caught a lot of snow which did nothing to help him keep warm.

There was a loud noise that came from above and the fellowship looked up only for their eyes to widen at the boulders tumbling down towards them. They took cover, Aragorn and Boromir doing their best to shield the hobbits as the large rocks fell against the mountain.

"He's trying to bring down the mountain!" Aragorn shouted. "Gandalf, we must turn back!"

"No!" The wizard yelled. 

The voice that was echoing through the mountains grew louder and Gandalf began to speak, this time it was in hopes of overpowering Saruman.

"Losto Caradhras, sedho bodo, nuitho I ruith!"

Out of nowhere, lightning struck the top of the mountain the fellowship were climbing up and more large pieces of rock came crashing down. They were accompanied by snow and the group of men were not as lucky as they had been before for this time they were suffocated by snow. A white sheet of cold fell like a waterfall, covering up the fellowship and drowning them in snow.

Only the whistle of the harsh winds could be heard as the falling of the snow and rock came to an end.

~<*.*>~

Sakura could safely say that she would enjoy punching whoever it was that had designed shinobi footwear. Who was it that thought ninjas wearing open-toe sandals was a good idea? Sakura wanted to walk up to the designer of her footwear and yell in their face that it was ridiculous. Her poor toes would have fallen off if it weren't for her chakra keeping her warm. What if she were some inexperienced team of genin? Their shinobi careers would be over before they even had a chance to become chunin! She was just thankful for her chakra control, without it she doubted she would be able to hold up a genjutsu, keep herself warm and walk atop the snow all at once.

The group travelling in front of her were suffering a lot and the pinkette felt rather sorry for them. Though, she was curious as to how the elf was managing to walk on top of the snow like she was. She couldn't sense him using any chakra and although she was no sensor nin she was confident in her skills in that department.

The blonde haired man made it to the front of the small group and looked out to the distance. As he did so the kunoichi's ears caught what sounded like a low grumble echoing through the area. She guessed that the blonde haired male heard it as well, for he said something.

The old man with the pointy hat yelled in the gibberish the people in the land she was in all seemed to talk and all of a sudden there was a loud rumble from above. They all looked up and Sakura's breath escaped her at the boulders and snow falling towards them. She grit her teeth. If she was hit then it was possible she would loose control over her chakra and, as a result, release her genjutsu and reveal her presence. She hurriedly hugged the side of the mountain, using her chakra to stick her form to it. Then the green eyed ninja sent chakra to her arms and head, hoping to strengthen them as she covered her head with her arms.