Nineteen

Max was angry. Someone had attacked his sister and taken Esmè.  He knew who it was. He knew that it was Kim. He knew how Kim was trying to take esme and he knew that he was going to make her pay. No one hurt his family. Especially his little sister.

Max walked down the corridor. he got to Lexi room. He sighed as he saw Tom as he walked out and glared at him. "Don't look at me like that Tom. She's my sister."

"Yeah. I am aware. But all that happens to people around you is that they get hurt Leigh...Lexi who is pregnant. We have already lost one baby Max. This pregnancy means everything to her. To us. I swear if anything happens to her or this baby, then I will make you sorry. You need to sort Kim out. Lexi has a bleed on her brain because she was helping you and Leigh. That psycho attacked her and took Esmè. You want to hope Kim hadn't hurt that baby either," Tom said as Max sighed.

He knew he had to sort Kim and get rid of her for once and for all. He knew he didn't want Kim. He wanted Leigh.

****

Max got home. He heard the sound of crying. He knew Kim was here with Esmè. He wanted to kill her. He knew he had anger issues. But he had never wanted to kill anyone like this before.

He sighed to himself, trying to control his anger as he walked into the living room.

Kim had her back to him as she cradled Esmè. "It's okay. Mummy is here. We're going to get ride of that other mummy for once and for all. And show how incapable your auntie is. We are going to be together. Your daddy will come around," Kim said.

Max felt his blood boil as Esmè cried. "Are you hungry?" Kim asked as she tried to breastfeed Esmè.

Max walked in. "What the hell are you playing at?" He spat as he snatched Esmè away and held her to his chest.

"Feeding our baby. Don't you see Max? We can do this. There's no one stopping us. Leigh will hopefully die. And Lexi? well I don't care," Kim said as Max had to remember he was holding a baby.

"Esmè is my daughter. You put my pregnant sister in the hospital and kidnapped my baby. Mine and Leigh's who I have always loved. Get your stuff and leave. You are dead to me," Max spat as he walked out with Esmè.

He knew he had to be the one to keep her safe.

****

Max got to the hospital with Esmè. He had no idea what's he was doing. Or how to look after a child. He was terrified. "Mr Tyler?" A doctor asked.

Max looked to him and frowned. "What is it? Is it my sister?" he asked, worried about her.

"No. It's Miss Johnson. She's awake. She is asking for you," the doctor said as Max frowned,

he felt relieved that Leigh was finally awake.

Max waked to her room and walked in. He smiled. "Hey," he said as he walked over and took her hand as she smiled.

"Our baby is okay. Everything is going to be okay. I promise" Max said as he kissed her hand.

But would he tell her just what had been going on? And how her best friend was fighting for her life protecting Esmè?