Sixteen

Lexi got to the hospital. She had gotten a phone call that Leigh was in a crash and she was worried. Lexi hadn't called Max or told him about what had happened. She knew that it could be critical. And she knew that even though Leigh was having her brother's baby, that the last thing Leigh needed was Max here.

She knew Max and he would only cause a scene. And Lexi knew that Leigh didn't need that. Lexi walked over to the reception. "I got a call. Leigh Johnson. She was in a car crash," Lexi said.

"This way," the receptionist told Lexi as she took her to Leigh's room.

Lexi looked to see Leigh that was lying on the bed. She frowned. "Is she going to be okay?"

"The doctors have put her in a medically induced coma. Until they have her scans back," the nurse said.

Lexi nodded. "And the baby?"

"We had to perform an emergency c-section. And the baby is in the NICU," the nurse said.

Lexi walked over and sat next to Leigh. She sighed. "She's going to be okay," Lexi said as she looked at her best friend and sighed.

Lexi knew that she had to call Max and tell him. But she also knew Max being there wouldn't help.

****

Lexi sighed as she stood outside of NICU. She looked at her small niece and sighed. She knew that it was risky and not just for Leigh. But for her niece.

Lexi looked and saw Tom as he walked down the corridor. He smiled as he walked over to her and held her. Lexi laid her head on his chest. "It's okay. Leigh is going to be okay. And I didn't tell Max. But now I think he should be here. Leigh put me down as her emergency contact. And if anything happens to her, she wants me to look after the baby. I don't even know what to do Tom," Lexi said.

Tom held her close and smiled. "You need to be strong. And Leigh needs that. It's going to be okay. But Max needs to be here," Tom said.

Lexi looked to him and nodded. They walked back to Leigh's room as Lexi sat down and sighed. "They're trying to bring her out of the coma. I just need to know if she'll make it," Lexi said.

Tom smiled and placed a hand on her shoulder. "I know. I'm here for you. No matter what. And remember that Leigh is a fighter. And she'll be okay," Tom said as Lexi smiled. Hoping he was right.

****

Lexi sighed as she sat next to Leigh's bedside. She stood up and smiled as Tom walked in. "Can you sit with her?" Lexi asked.

Tom looked to her and nodded. He smiled. "Sure."

Lexi walked out walked out into the corridor and sighed. She grabbed her phone and called Max. She groaned as it went straight to voicemail.

"Max. It's me. There's been an accident. And Leigh is in the hospital. It's not looking good."

Lexi hung up and sighed leaving a voicemail. Not knowing if she was doing the right thing or not.