Twenty One

Leigh sat with Esmè and smiled as she looked to her little girl. Leigh knew how she had missed out on so much time with her baby and it scared her.

It scared her the lengths that Kim had gone to. And she didn't know how she felt about it all.

Leigh knew that she just wanted for things to be okay. She knew how it scared her. She knew none of it was easy. She knew how she wanted to be a good mum to Esmè.

She had been in a coma. And she had missed the first two months of her baby's life and she hated that.

Leigh felt as if Kim had robbed that from her. She knew that it wasn't easy. She knew wanted for everything to be okay.

Leigh looked to see Max as he walked into the room and smiled. "How is she?" He asked. 

Leigh smiled. "She's okay. I missed her. It's not easy with all that has happened. I can't believe Kim did this. Now Lexi is in a coma. And she's pregnant pregnant. And I feel sick knowing how Kim seem to be getting away with it all."

"Its okay. Lexi will be okay," Max told her as he kissed her head.

Leigh looked to him and smiled.   "Have you been to see her?" She asked as Max looked to her. He shook his head as Leigh sighed. "Max she is your sister. You can't avoid the subject forever,"

"Tom won't let me near. He blames me. Ans I can't blame him," Max said as Leigh looked to him and smiled.

****

Leigh got to the hospital. She saw Tom and smiled. "How is she?" Leigh asked.

Tom looked to her. He smiled. "She's okay. I just want her to wake up. I need to know how she is. She is my world. And this is our baby. I don't know what I will do without her," he told her.

Leigh looked to him and smiled. "I know it's not easy. I know it's hard. But it will be okay. Lexi is strong. And she will pull through. She will be okay and it will work out. But you do need to forgive Max. This was Kim not him. She's his sister." 

Tom looked to her and smiled. "I'll think about it?" he said as she smiled.

Leigh knew how things were. And how it wasn't easy.

****

Leigh got back home as she smiled. She had picked up Esmè from nursery.

She frowned as she looked to see Max. He was bagging up bloody clothes. She looked to him and frowned.

Leigh wasn't stupid. She knew Max. And she knew when he was up to something. She knew how it was.

"What is going on?" She asked as he looked to her. Neither of them said a word as they held a look. "What have you done Max?" She asked.

Max looked to her and sighed. He knew how there was no point in lying to Leigh about it all.

"I think I may have killed Kim Campbell..."