Twenty two

Leigh stood in shock as she looked to max. She couldn't help but think over what Max said.

How he said he thought that he had killed Kim. She knew what Kim had done. And she also knew that Max had a temper. She knew it worried her.

Leigh sat down and looked to Max and sighed. "What do you mean that you think you killed her? What happened?" She asked.

Max looked to her and sighed. "We got into a fight. I confronted her about what she did. How she tried to take Esmè. How she put my sister in a coma. We were arguing and she tried to kiss me. I pushed her away. She got her head and she was bleeding, I checked her out. I couldn't find a pulse. That's how I got all covered in blood. It was an accident I swear," Max said as Leigh looked to him and sighed.

She was shocked. She couldn't deny it but she could see that max was in edge over it all. "It's all going to be okay. Did anyone see you there? Is there any cctv?" She asked.

Max frowned. "No I don't think so."

Leigh nodded and smiled. "That's good then."

"What am I going to do Leigh?"

Leigh smiled. "Nothing I need you. Esmè needs you. And Lexi does when she wakes up. Look if anyone asks,  we were here having sex. Unless you brought her body back with you?"

"No it's still at the house."

"Good. We stick to the story. And if you were seen you slipped off for food. You went to see her. And she wasn't there okay?" Leigh said as Max nodded.

****

Leigh got to the hospital. Her head was a mess about Max and what had happened. She knew that she was confused. She knew that she needed to see Lexi and see how she was doing.

She knew that she couldn't lose her best friend too. She saw Tom as he sat next to lexi and frowned. "Is there no change?" She asked.

Tom looked to her and smiled. "They're talking about talking her out of the coma later. Hopefully she'll be okay. I just can't believe what happened. If I get my hands on Kim," he said.

Leigh smiled slightly. "I think she's keeping her head low. I don't think that you're the only one who is after her," she said as Tom nodded.

Leigh looked to Lexi and smiled. She just wanted her to be okay. 

****

Leigh got home. She saw Max with Esmè and smiled. "How's my sister?" He asked. Leigh looked to him and smiled.

She knew how guilty that he was feeling for everything. She sat next to him and smiled. "I know that you're scared. But it will be okay. Lexi is going to wake up. And it will be okay," she said.

Max sighed. "All of this is my fault," he said as Leigh placed a hand on top of his.

She smiled. "No it's not. I know it's hard. But it will be okay," she said as he smiled.

But would it all be okay?