Nine

Leigh walked into work and sighed. It had been a few days since the scare with the baby and she knew she needed to take it easy.

Max saw her arrive and he was mad. He walked over to her. "What the hell are you doing here?" He asked.

"I work here."

Max rolled his eyes. "I told you to take it easy. I told you to not come in."

Leigh looked at him. "I see what this is. You want me out the way so you can crack on with Kim. While making me false promises. I'm not stupid Max."

Max groaned. "I don't want Kim. I want you and our baby."

"Yeah right. I happen to know that after we had sex before, you went straight to Kim. Bragging about me were you?"

"You're being ridiculous now. Stop it and go home."

Leigh shrugged. "Okay. Fine. I go home and then you won't see me again. This is my job and I'm sitting on my ass most of the day anyways," she said.

Max groaned but nodded. "Fine. You don't leave the office and you don't make any drinks."

***
Leigh found herself thinking about Max. She didn't know why but she couldn't get him off her mind. She knew it wasn't good as all he had done was break her heart.

Max left the office and sat on the desk. He looked down at Leigh. "Rachel is doing my head in. Don't suppose you want to go for lunch?" He asked.

Leigh rolled her eyes. "You said I can't leave the office today. Remember?"

Max groaned. "Leigh. Please. Save me from this madness."

"Take Kim."

***
Max knew Leigh wasn't even close to forgiving him. But the fact she was talking to him was proof that she was coming close again.

Max looked up as Leigh walked into the office. He smiled. "We didn't go for lunch. But can we go for dinner? My treat."

Leigh shrugged. "Why not? Be nice to have some decent food."

"Finally. She agrees to go out with me. You can choose where we go," He said.

Leigh rolled her eyes. "This isn't a date. This is you helping the mother of your baby with food. Not like I'm gonna let you help with the other issue," she said.

Max frowned. "What issue?"

"Never you mind. You lost the privilege of being able to help me in other ways," she said.

Max caught on and smirked. He nodded. "Well maybe I can help you out after I've fed you?"

***
Max arrived to take Leigh for dinner. Claire wasn't impressed but she trusted her daughter to make her own choices. She looked at Leigh. "Don't let him hurt you again."

"He won't. I'm not falling for him again."

"Good girl."

***
Max took Leigh to the restaurant where they had their first date. Leigh remembered how their first date ended with them having sex. She looked at him. "You're not getting your end away."

Max smirked and shrugged. "You remember our first date then?"

"Too well. You turned me on."

Max nodded and winked. He knew he was going to get Leigh to forgive him. But how would it work?