Three

Leigh hadn't told Max she was pregnant yet. She didn't want to. She knew he would do whatever he could to get her back and she couldn't go back to him. Not when he would only hurt her again.

When she woke that morning, she saw a text from Lexi;

Come on. We're going shopping. It's a Saturday and I need some freedom - Lexi xx

Leigh smiled slightly. She decided to go with Lexi. She needed to get her mind off Max.

***
Leigh met with Lexi in the town and smiled. "How's Max?" She asked.

Lexi inwardly smiled. She knew her best friend was still in love with Max. But she was also hurting over the fact he cheated on her. "He's okay. He's a miserable git but he's okay," she told her.

Leigh nodded and sighed. "You haven't told him about the baby have you? I just think I need to tell him that myself. When I can look him in the eye," she said.

Lexi grinned. "I haven't told him. I won't tell him but I think you should tell him before the scan. That way you're not keeping him out the loop and he won't have the chance to try and go for custody. My brother is the type to do that if he thinks he's being left out."

"Believe me. I know your brother all too well," she said.

***
Max wanted Leigh back. He knew he had messed up by sleeping with someone else. But he hated how Leigh had caught him. Max sighed as he looked at the wallpaper on his phone. It was him and Leigh.

He sat on the sofa and drank brandy. He sighed as his mum walked in. "Oh come on Maxwell. You're the one to blame for all this. You cheated on Leigh with someone else and yet you're sitting here wallowing in self pity?"

"Nice to see you too mother. To what do I owe the pleasure?" Max asked.

Helena rolled her eyes. "I want you to invite Leigh to our house for a barbecue. I'm not taking no for an answer," she said.

Max scoffed. "Mother. She doesn't want to breathe the same air as me. Let alone come to my mother's barbecue. How do you propose I get her there?"

"You'll think of something. I want her there."

***
Leigh looked up as Lexi smiled. "My Mum wants you to come to her barbecue. She's not taking no for an answer either."

"Will he be there?"

Lexi nodded and sighed. "Come On. My mum misses you. My dad does too. My mum went off at Max for him cheating on you," she said.

Leigh reluctantly agreed to go. She didn't want to but she knew she needed to make the effort.

***
Leigh arrived at the house. She saw Max's car and sighed. Leigh made her way in. Max walked towards her. "Hey. Glad you could make it."

"I didn't come for you. I came for your mum," Leigh mumbled. She didn't want to look at him. She knew she would fall for him. But how long could she resist his temptations? Especially when she was having his baby?