Getting Hope To Stay

Scott and Hope flew back to Scott's house after getting Hank settled and adjusted to, well, existing again. 

"Scott, I think we need to talk." She said once they had gone inside. "Okay..." He said cautiously. What did she mean? 

"Well, since my dad is back, I don't need to stay here anymore. I can live with him until I can get my house back."  

Even though he did a good job of hiding his emotions, inside he was panicking. He didn't want her to leave. The past month had been stressful, but living with Hope made everything better. He got to be with her every day, eat meals with her, and he got to wake up to her face every morning. There was no way he was going to let her leave. Not yet. 

"Look, I don't want you to leave. But I won't force you to stay if you don't want to. All I'm saying is, that maybe your dad could use some time alone. Just so he can get used to everything." 

"Okay, maybe you're right. He might need some time..." She agreed. "How about one more week? Then I'll leave." She suggested. Scott nodded, now knowing the time limit he had. 

That was two days ago. He replayed their conversation a hundred times over, but he needed to focus. He only had five more days. 

He and Hope were getting ready for Dr. Strange's funeral service. They all met up at Tony's cabin for the ceremony. Out of respect, Wong place Strange's cape, Cloak, on a wreath and sent it down the calm river. 

On the wreath, there was a plaque that read, "The most loyal piece of outerwear." 

Scott was told that Tony came up with the name. 

(That scene has literally nothing to do with the overall story. I just thought it would be funny to include it. Hey, you can't be annoyed! I spared Tony! That counts for something!) 

Then that day passed. Only four days left. 

The next few days were spent with Cassie. And even though Scott loved his daughter dearly, he was running out of time. Only one day left! If he was gonna do it, it had to be that day. 

It was Friday, and they had scheduled a date night for that night. By date night, I mean cuddling on the couch and watching a movie. 

Scott looked up from his phone just in time to see Hope come downstairs with a bag. "I was just packing up." She said, placing the bag by the door. "So, what movie are we watching tonight?" She asked, changing the subject. 

"I don't know, what do you want to watch?" He asked, glancing down at his phone repeatedly. 

"How about that dinosaur movie that came out a few years ago? What was it called...Jurassic World, I think it was?" 

"Great! I've never watched it, so perfect." He said. He was looking at his phone again. Which did not go unnoticed by Hope. 

"What are you looking at?" "Nothing. I was just texting Luis. I'm still waiting for him to reply." He said. "Mhmm..." She hummed, sitting down next to him on the couch. 

"So, when do you want to start the movie?" He asked. "Well, it's already 7:30, and the movie is two hours long, so probably soon." She reasoned. "Great, I'll go make the popcorn!" He said jumping up and going to the kitchen. 

"He left his phone..." She said to herself. It's not that she didn't trust Scott, she did, more than anyone. But it never ended well when he acted like this. She unlocked his phone easily. His password was Cassie's birthday for goodness sake!