Chapter 9- Say hello to the world.

Y/Ns Pov-
Later that afternoon Natasha and I make our way to the conference room. Cameras and people are scurrying everywhere trying to set up and get in position.

I'm watching through the window as Natasha walks up behind me "Remember, just stay quiet and let me answer all the questions." She nods at me as she leads us into the room I take a deep breath as cameras start flashing and people begin to shout questions at us both.

We both sit down next to each other when Natasha starts to speak everyone suddenly falling silent to listen.

"We are here to answer as many questions as we can, one at a time please." She randomly points to someone in the audience.

A male reporter shouts "Who are you? are you an Avenger?" the question pointed at me but I do as I'm told and let Natasha respond.

"This is Agent Y/F/N Y/L/N. Yes she has officially joined the Avengers." She answers very to the point and points at another reporter.

"What's her super hero name?"

I'm starting to panic with this many eyes on me, I can feel myself getting overwhelmed with the pressure of the situation, I feel Natashas place her hand on my leg.

"Her Alias is Dark Angel." With her free hand she points to someone else.

"Does she have any powers?"

"Yes she does, Next."She begins to rub her thumb back on forth on my leg.

"What are her powers?"

She looks at me briefly and smiles, squeezing my leg for comfort. "We are not willing to disclose her powers at this moment. Next."

"Everyone has seen how close you two are, is it true that you are dating?"

Her hand freezes in place for a second before she continues her reassuring movements. "I refuse to disclose that information" I wasn't expecting her to respond like that, I thought she would shut it down instantly. I look at her briefly and smile.

"Why is that Miss Romanoff? Surely you would want everyone to know about your girlfriend."

I slide my hand on top of hers on my leg and talk. "Firstly it's Agent Romanoff to you and secondly she said she didn't want to disclose that information so either ask another question or let someone else go." My voice is clearly annoyed.

The same report pipes up again "It's so nice of you to defend your girlfriend like that y/n" They quip.

Natasha looks towards me and see's that my breathing is getting heavy as I try to keep myself calm, my grip on her hand is now tight. She leans in to me and whispers in my ear. "Are you ok? do you need to get out of here."

I simply nod not taking my eyes off the reporter.

Returning her attention to the mass reporters in the room Natasha starts to speak again. "I believe this is now over, thank you all for coming." she removes her hand from mine and stands up walking away.
When she realises that I didn't automatically follow she comes back for me, reaching for my hand she locks hers in mine "Come on." she mutters to me to encourage me to move.

As I stand everyone jumps to their feet the flashes get more intense as people continue to shout questions. We walk out hand in hand, my grip in Natashas hand increasing.

"I've got you ok? Just keep your head up and keep walking, just focus on me." She tells me as she leads me out through the crowd of people.

Once out of the main room she pulls me into a quiet little room to the side.