Chapter 21: The Trap

*Natasha POV - Continues straight on after the last one.*

Everyone is silent as I just look at Y/n's name on the screen, hope. I knew it, she's still alive.

Bruce is still reeling off questions as others start to join in all of them pointed to Tony who is just staring at me, he's going through the emotions. Clearly getting overwhelmed he turns and practically runs out of the room.

I am quick to follow him, just further down the corridor I see him holding onto his chest taking deep breaths, "You left in a hurry." my voice bringing him out of his panic he tries to straighten himself up, schooling his emotions. He just hums in response still trying to calm his breathing.

"Come on, come for a walk with me." I wasn't asking and we both know it.

Tony finally looking in my direction "Please." I ask again.

We take a quiet walk to the other side of the building, stopping at a huge window over looking the compound grounds.

"You going to tell me why you ran out of the room so fast?" I nudge him with my shoulder.

"8 months Nat, it's been 8 months. We didn't speak once, then you turn up with these Red viles asking for help and for the first time in those 8 months the computer pings Y/n's location." his voice is full of worry "I didn't even think the locator was working" he weakly laughs

"I know, I'm sorry for not being in touch with you" I take a second reliving all the emotions I have been through in the last 8 months "it was just too hard for me Tony" I confess "I know how much Y/n means to you." I lean against him looking out the window "I couldn't help you, not when I know...when I know I couldn't even help myself."
I look up to him slightly "We have the Viles, we have a way of finding her. We are going to bring our girl back."

He just shakes his head in disbelief "After all this time why now? 8 months Nat, it's been 8 months of nothing then you get these viles and the system pings as soon as you come back..."

I step back from him looking at him, tears are balling in his eyes "What are you getting at Tony?"

Shrugging "Just seems a little to good to be true, it could be a trap and if it is a trap we've really not got the man power to do anything."

Softly laughing "Of course we do."

"All those chat with Cap and he never told you do he?" he looks at me with pain in his eyes.

"Told me what?"

"Shortly after you left, Wanda took off too. We've heard nothing from her for months, completely untraceable" he confesses

"did-did she go looking for Y/n?" I ask?

"We don't know." he leans on the pole in front of us not really focusing on anything outside the window.

I nod to myself thinking everything through "So what I'm hearing is we need to find Y/n more than ever so we can bring everyone back together. Trap or not... are you in?" I look at him with pleading in my eyes.

Smiling softly back at me "You know me, can't turn down a good trip."

I pull him into a hug "Good, get ready we will be leaving soon." I pull away to look at him "I will not be leaving you like that again. I promise."

_____________

I head to my room for the first time in months, everything is still exactly where I left it. I sit on the be for a second my body is screaming out for rest for time to heal but I don't have time for that right now. Jumping up to my feet I shove my duffel bag full of clothes and top up of my weapons and walk out.
Stopping in front of Y/ns door, I place my hand on it reminiscing on all the memories we have had. "You will be back soon my love, I promise."