15 - Is This Goodbye...?

----◦•◦❀•◦----------------------------------------------------------◦•❀◦•◦----

" So it would seem. " Shalnark said. " Will he die too? " Kortopi asked. " It's hard to tell. " Phinks said. " It doesn't say anything other than the guy is bloody. " He stated. " Nobunaga this means if we fight the chain user we'll suffer serious casualties, and lose half our members. " Shalnark implied. " Your ability can be replaced as easily as mine, but not Shizuku's or Pakunoda's. " He stated. " The Troupe can't afford to lose either of them. " Shalnark said. 

Thunder stuck in the background bringing more or less attention to the window above them. It lit the abandoned building in a split second the light vanished just as fast as it arrived. " Today is Saturday of the first week so if we leave now and return home, then that means we can avoid running into the chain user next week. The best thing about these fortunes is that if we pay attention they can tell us how to avoid catastrophe. " Chrollo stated. 

" If we leave here without fighting the chain user, this fortune is 100% not to come to pass. Nobunaga, you and Uvo were our attack unit. You were already prepared to die, I believe that both of you chose that role of your own free will. " Chrollo said. " Yeah, that's right. Shizuku, Paku, and Shal collect intelligence. They provide our support, you could even call them our lifelines. And your duty is to serve as their shield. " He reminded. 

" You agree with that assessment? " He asked. " Yeah, yeah. I do " Nobunaga said. Hisoka stood up from his spot at the windows. " Wait," Hisoka said. He dropped down from the window. " You should tell the other members' fortunes now, It's quite possible that they could provide additional clues to avoid the prophecy, " He stated. Chrollo took Hisoka's suggestion and quickly went from member to member. 

He wrote down their fortunes effortlessly, then it was Juryoku's turn. " Boss, we don't know anything about Yoku. " Pakunoda said. " That's right. " Chrollo said. He was the one that named her, the fortunes can't be written unless a birthname is known. The rest of the members read their paragraphs, looking for any possibly useful detail.

" Your greatest fear should solitude be, list upon your lonesome form he creep " Shizuku read. 

" On a day dark and poorly lit a simple choice between trail or pride, in a cramped room, you must face it for the reaper lingers at your side," Pakunoda read.

" Even one call do not make when needed most, it won't connect, to answer your phone another mistake, one time in three the reaper calls collect, " Shalnark read. 

Chrollo stood up from the crate he sat on. Pakunoda, Machi, Shizuku, and Juryoku stood close to one another. For all they knew, this would probably be the last time all four of them would be seen together.   " Now let's split up into groups, " Chrollo said. " That's how we'll operate for the next week, make absolutely sure you're never alone. " He stated. 

" Shizuku, Pakunoda, and Machi, " He started. 

" Kortopi, Phinks, and Feitan, " 

" Nobunaga, Shalnark, and Juryoku are with me, " He said. 

" Bonolenov, Franklin, and Hisoka will stay here, " 

" Hey boss, just so you know, " Machi said while raising a hand. " Some little kids, they know about this place " She stated. " Kids? " Chrollo questioned. " Well, they don't have anything to do with the chain user but I can't help but be a little worried, " She explained. " Oh yeah! I totally forgot, hey boss I think we gotta recruit these kids, " Nobunaga said. Chrollo's eyes widened a bit. " Woah, hold on. That wasn't why I mentioned them Nobunaga, " Machi stated. 

" What do you mean? " Chrollo asked. 

Nobunaga began to explain in an excited tone. 

" I see, they do sound rather interesting," Chrollo said while putting a hand to his chin. " But from what you've told me it doesn't sound like they'll join us, " He stated. " Then we'll change their minds, it's just worth meeting them at least " Nobunaga insisted. " No boss, don't listen to him, " Machi said. " Alright Machi, what is the source of your concern? " Chrollo asked. " Eh... it's.... just a hunch, " She stated. " A hunch? Your instincts are too reliable to ignore, " He said. 

" It could be, there's something important about those kids. Let's make more dummy hideouts, just to be safe. " Chrollo said. He turned his head over to Kortopi. " Kortopi, can you make me ten more? " He asked. " I can make fifty, and the second anyone enters any of the fakes, I'll know, " Kortopi stated. " See, my copies act as my En too " He informed. Yoku turned around to look at Pakunoda. 

There was a frown on her face, and her eyes glossed over slightly. She gripped the bottom of Pakunoda's shirt and hugged her. Paku only patted her back. " Everything will be fine, I don't want you to be upset. Just remember how much fun we've had, " Pakunoda said. She tried comforting Yoku but only got a tear in return. Juryoku then turned to Shizuku, she put her arms around Shizuku and hugged her tightly. 

Yoku then pulled away, wiping a tear from her cheek. She looked back at Machi who was walking toward her, and she pulled her into a hug just like she did to Paku and Shizuku. " Come on Yoku, smile for us. We're in different groups, give us one smile, " Pakunoda said. Juryoku turned her head over and smiled, as the corners of her mouth twitched upward and then down. They were preparing to leave.

 " Flower, " Chrollo said. He sat on a crate. 

----◦•◦❀•◦----------------------------------------------------------◦•❀◦•◦----