19 - Dire Circumstances

----◦•◦❀•◦----------------------------------------------------------◦•❀◦•◦----

The final arm on the clock shifted, hitting the twelve and then the Hotel plaza went dark. Killua dislocated his hands-free from Machi's string as it took the troupe members time to adjust to the dark. Killua landed a chop on Pakunoda's arm whilst Gon landed a kick on her chin. Machi then realized that Killua let himself loose. She pushed back pulling on the string that was still on Gon. " Gon! " Killua yelled out.  Nobunaga covered a part of the plaza in his aura. 

Killua sharpened his nails going to a quick attack on Machi, which managed to go right in her stomach. Once Killua attempted to pull it back it didn't work because Machi managed to trap it with the muscles in her stomach. She grabbed Killua taking him into a tight hug. " Seems your bloodlust gave you away. " Machi said. " The darkness can't help you now. " She added. " Killua! " Gon exclaimed jumping forward. His foot got grabbed by Nobunaga stopping him from moving. 

" Might as well give up. " Nobunaga said. The boy was held upside down by his ankles. " What a pity, well, it was a good shot. I'll give you that. " He said. Nobunaga turned his head to the side dodging a blade that was thrown at him. " It came from the entrance. " Nobunaga informed. " That guy was working with them. " Shizuku stated. " Forget him! " Nobunaga exclaimed. " All we need now are these two kids, right? " He said. 

" Our eyes will adjust shortly. " He added. " You're right. "  Shizuku said. " But wait, where did the boss go? " Shizuku questioned. " And Juryoku. " Pakunoda stated. That's when it hit them. " The boss is gone. " Nobunaga said. He turned towards the blade stuck on the wall. " Shizuku, hold this one. " He said. " Sure. " She said. " You okay, Paku? " Machi asked. " He broke my left hand and a molar. " Pakunoda stated while holding her face. " We underestimated them. " Machi said. 

Nobunaga took the blade off the wall, grabbing the paper attached to it. " You're not going to believe this but these kids-- " Paku said. " Wait! " Nobunaga exclaimed. Machi, Shizuku, and Pakunoda turned toward Nobunaga. He skimmed over the paper with a lighter beside him. " Pakunoda, it's for you. " He said. 

 Discuss their memories and I'll kill you. 

Pakunoda looked over the letter, surrounding herself in her aura she saw for a split second where they were when the letter was written. " Hey! What the hell is going on here?! " A bystander asked. By the image she saw in her head Paku realized that they missed the chain user because he was disguised as a receptionist. 

" Paku. " Nobunaga called out. " Paku. Paku! " He said louder each time. Pakunoda snapped out of her trance to face Nobunaga. " Don't say a word from here on out. "  He instructed. " Got it? " He questioned. Paku only gave him a simple nod. " Machi, you just focus on your nen threads. " Nobunaga commanded. " I'll take this one. " He said. " Since he left us a message, he'll probably try to contact us again soon. Until he does, these two are our hostages. " He explained. 

----◦•◦❀•◦-------------------------------------

He turned his head towards them. " I am the Head of the spider, she is our heart, and you are the legs. Natural law dictates that the legs must follow wherever the head goes. But this is just the chain of command. It doesn't apply to my life or death, If I happen to die, one of you can replace me. And there may come a time when a leg has more importance than the Head. " The young man informed with no worry. 

" Make the right call. Keep our heart full of life, happiness, and pureness until a dying breath. If there comes a time when our heart is at risk, you must act accordingly. If the situation or cause of the disappearance is unknown, focus on the most important factor. My orders are top priority. However, my life and my death are not. So, what's key is survival of the whole, not one. " He said with a promising tone. 

" Recall the importance and value of these words. We are whole and should stay, even with a missing leg, a missing head, those remaining are still whole. " He stated. Turning towards the young woman beside him he held her hand in his, leaving a gentle kiss on the back. " Dismissed. " He said. His subordinates got up going their own ways. " Pakunoda. " He called out. The young woman turned around. " Yes, boss? " She questioned.

 " You will be assigned to Juryoku, treat her how you would treat importance. " He said while letting go of her hand. " I'll be back soon my Flower. " He informed. The shorter woman looked down at her feet and then back up at the blonde in front of her. Juryoku gave her a sad smile. Pakunoda watched as tears began lacing Yoku's eyes. " Oh dear, don't cry. " She said. The smaller woman began to cry, tears running down her face.

 Paku walked closer putting a hand on her shoulder to get a tight hug in response. She began patting Juryoku's back, it was awkward since she never dealt with this sort of thing. As day became night and the cycle repeated Pakunoda slowly became accustomed to a smile, a small laugh, but never the voice of one. 

----◦•◦❀•◦----------------------------------------------------------◦•❀◦•◦----