21 - Sunshine and Rainbows

----◦•◦❀•◦----------------------------------------------------------◦•❀◦•◦----

" Uh, hello? " Nobunaga said. " I'm going to meet with Pakunoda alone, the rest of you return to your hideout. All ten troupe members must be there. If one is missing, I will kill the hostage. Understand? " Kurapika asked. " Yeah. " Nobunaga said. " Put Pakunoda back on. " Kurapika demanded. " Come to Lingon Airport. You have until eight p.m. remember, you are to come completely alone. " He commanded. Kurapika hung up, putting the phone away. 

----◦•◦❀•◦-------------------------------------

" To verify, are you Pakunoda of the Phantom Troupe? " Kurapika asked while looking at the tall woman before him. " Yes, I am. " She confirmed. Kurapika turned towards Melody. " She's telling the truth. " Melody confirmed. " Let's begin, I will present each of you with two conditions. If you choose to abide by them, I will release your leader. " Kurapika said while taking a chain out. " I will start with the conditions for the leader. " He stated. 

" First, I hereby forbid all further use of Nen. Second... " He began. There was more than hesitation on his face, he thought over how Chrollo said there's no value having him as a hostage, how Melody said he was telling the truth, and the possibility of there being someone more important than the leader himself. " Second, I forbid all contact with the troupe members from now on. Those are my conditions.  " He continued. 

" And to make certain you adhere to them, I will stab your leader with my judgment chain Arbiter Little Finger. It's up to you now Pakunoda, are these conditions acceptable. " Kurapika asked. Pakunoda knew that there wasn't any other way, accepting this would be dangerous, and so would declining. In the back of her mind, she knew Juryoku would come, that she would appear before Chrollo, and that's how he would die. Unless something could be done. 

" Yes, I accept. " Pakunoda said. An expression of uncertainty and somewhat betrayal made its way onto Chrollo's face as the chain bound itself around his heart. " Pakunoda, you're next. " Kurapika said while taking out another chain. " First off, release Gon and Killua uninjured before midnight and without any deceptions. Second, you are also forbidden to reveal anything about me. If you accept, I will stab you with the chain as well. " He stated. 

" Yes, go ahead. " Pakunoda complied without hesitation. Her body shot back at the feeling of the chain wrapping around her heart and stabbing through her. Kurapika leaned down to Melody's level. " Hey, If Gon and Killua were being controlled by a manipulator, could you tell from their heartbeats? " Kurapika asked. " Maybe, I've met Killua before, so I know his normal heartbeat, I should be able to tell if anything has changed. " Melody stated. 

" Good enough. " He said. 

" Before the exchange, I have something to say. " He started. 

----◦•◦❀•◦-------------------------------------

" Now, return to your companions and inform them of the exchange. " Kurapika commanded. " I want you to bring the hostages to Lingon Airport before midnight tonight. " He said. " Come alone and tell none where you're going. " He said. " I understand. I will do what you ask. Take me back to the airport. " She said. " You haven't asked any questions. You know who I am, you must by now. Aren't you worried? You don't find this deal unreasonable? " Kurapika questioned. 

" Do you actually believe I'll return your leader? " He asked. " I do. " Pakunoda admitted. " If you really wanted to deceive me you wouldn't have asked me those questions. " She stated. 

----◦•◦❀•◦-------------------------------------

Juryoku stood on the rooftop of the Lingon Airport, she was aware the chain user left with Pakunoda and Chrollo. She was just waiting for the right time to do something about it. Swinging her legs back and forth she just wished that they weren't in such dire circumstances. She remembered their reunion, the joy she felt, the sorrow, the foreign feeling of a cut on her skin. She had been spoiled by him and she knew it all too well. 

He promised them all a better life when he had nothing, he did all those things to give them everything, everything they wanted. Yoku was lost, not because of her loss of sight but because she didn't have Chrollo right beside her like he always was. The feeling of rain dropping on her wasn't pleasant, it wasn't joyful, and it didn't make her happy as it did before. If anything, it upset her, the drops of water made her want to cry. 

They were a sign of sorrow, the clouds were crying, soaking her clothes, her hair. With a sigh she stopped swinging her legs, she stood up, covering the area around her in her aura, stopping the water droplets from falling. As if it were an illusion they stopped in place, in time. That's when she heard it. The sound of the globe landing back at the airport, she quickly crouched down letting the rainfall. 

She felt as Pakunoda left the globe, Paku didn't seem happy either, she didn't seem to like the current circumstances they were in. But Juryoku knew that Pakunoda knew she was there. She felt Paku's aura, it was as if telling her not to interfere. However, Chrollo was right there, right in that globe. All she had to do was get him out of there and back to the base. Then they could keep the two boys hostage to have some weakness over the chain user. 

But that was wishful thinking, if Juryoku only knew that situations like these weren't as simple as they seemed, the chain user was on high alert, a chain wrapped around Chrollo's heart, another wrapped around Pakunoda's. They were on thin ice, one wrong move and they could both die. For the first time in a long time, Juryoku will have to learn and accept that not everything will always be sunshine and rainbows. 

----◦•◦❀•◦----------------------------------------------------------◦•❀◦•◦----