9 - Facing The Zoldycks

----◦•◦❀•◦----------------------------------------------------------◦•❀◦•◦----

Chrollo stood on the stage of an empty room with Juryoku hiding slightly behind him. Silva and Zeno Zoldyck seem to have found them. " We meet again. " Chrollo said. " You remember me? " Silva asked. " How could I forget. You did kill one of my people. " Chrollo stated. " It wasn't easy. " Silva admitted. " Now Dad, be careful. He can steal people's abilities, and the one behind him can manipulate gravity. " Silva warned. 

" Stay put flower. " Chrollo said to Yoku. She nodded and sat on the stage. Chrollo dropped down from the stage as the Zoldycks walked closer. He also walked towards them. They walked one second and they were gone the next. Chrollo jumped back as the two men began. Silva ran towards Chrollo to land a kick which he dodged. Zeno then jumped up landing in front of Chrollo and went to land a hit which he also avoided. 

Zeno continued, landing a cut on Chrollo's cheek. Chrollo backed away then defended himself against a punch Silva gave. Chrollo was pushed back into Zeno as Zeno concentrated nen into his fist. Zeno threw a punch at the air that sent Chrollo rolling backward on the ground. He was now face up laying on the floor, Silva was dropping down on Chrollo. Chrollo rolled over and out of range from the powerful impact. 

He got a blade out and charged towards Silva. Chrollo managed to slash him on the arm. Silva put pressure on his cut then took some string and tied it around his upper arm. " You alright? " Zeno asked. " Not a problem. " Silva said. Both Zeno and Silva were now standing in front of Juryoku. " So you can steal other people's Nen? Then you're a specialist. You might even be a threat if you could use those stolen powers freely.  " Zeno pointed out. 

" However, that implies a higher activation cost, you couldn't have gotten the ability otherwise. If I had to make a guess, you must clear 4 or 5 conditions before stealing an ability. " Zeno said. He was right. " Trying to meet those conditions while fighting both of us will be difficult indeed. Meaning that you won't be able to steal our abilities as long as we keep you engaged in battle. That poisoned knife of yours is proof. " Zeno stated. 

Everything he said was correct. Chrollo threw the knife back meaning he put the ability away, then he covered himself in his aura. " Watch my back, Silva. As soon as I have him pinned down, even if you have to kill me. End him. " Zeno said.  " Got it. " Silva said. Juryoku put her hands together rubbing them and closing her eyes. She was hoping that Chrollo would find a way to get out of this situation. However, even if she wanted to. She wouldn't dare interfere. 

Zeno began to walk at his own pace towards Chrollo. He took his arm out from behind his back and covered himself in his aura. He focused most of it on his hand. Chrollo summoned his book "Bandit's Secret" Zeno and Silva paid close attention as Chrollo quickly flipped to a page. It was The Owl's page. He summoned the handkerchief, it seemed like a massive blanket. Chrollo held it in front of him. Chrollo took a step forward and Zeno did too. 

Instead of keeping the aura around him, Zeno focused it on making a ball between his hands. This ball then turned his aura completely purple when he unleashed it. He released it in Chrollo's directions. It charged at the handkerchief while Chrollo tried dodging it. Zeno only laughed. Zeno turned his fingers left and the aura in form of a dragon did the same, it almost struck Chrollo. Zeno continued guiding the dragon as Chrollo continued dodging. 

With every strike, he would dodge and close the gap between them. Another strike was directed towards Chrollo but this time Zeno used both of his hands to direct the dragon. Chrollo managed to dodge it once more. It just shows how incredible both of them are. Chrollo landed on the floor closing his book and watching as the handkerchief vanished. The dragon attempts to bite at Chrollo but he ducks under it avoiding the attack. 

He turned around stood up and began to run. Zeno stood idle keeping his dragon in place to calculate his next attack while Silva ran forward while keeping an eye on Chrollo. Zeno launched the dragon, it opened its mouth ready to strike at Chrollo while Silva covered himself in aura and continued running. Chrollo closed his arms into his body as the dragon bit down on him while still charging at the wall. 

Chrollo's back hit the wall as Zeno pinned him to it. Zeno jumped forwards closing the distance between them. Once they were close enough Zeno began to strike Chrollo with his fists, Chrollo was backed into a wall with nothing to do besides defending himself to his best ability. " Silva! Do it now! " Zeno yelled out. Juryoku put her hands on her lap and cried. Even in these circumstances, she had no reason to disobey him. 

Silva charged up a purple ball of aura which he separated into two. Zeno laughed. Silva grunted as he launched both balls of energy at them. Chrollo stood in shock as he saw them getting closer and closer. Once the explosion hit them there was a moment of silence where the only sound in the room was Juryoku's cries. 

----◦•◦❀•◦-------------------------------------

" Up we go. " Zeno said while stretching his arm. Juryoku was now sitting on Chrollo balling her eyes out. " What a surprise. " He stated. " Seems we both get to live another day. " Zeno said. " But your mission. " Chrollo said. He put an arm around Juryoku. " The Ten Don's were our clients you see, and so now that they've all been disposed of... things have changed. You are no longer our target. " Zeno stated. " Ah. I see. " Chrollo stated. 

" You won't get another chance like this. " He said. Chrollo got a hold of Yoku and stood up while carrying her. She put her legs around his waist as he walked out of the area. " Perhaps but you don't really think we're in this business for the fun of it, do you? " Zeno asked. " It's not as if we take any pleasure in killing. And I certainly don't want to work or die for nothing. " He stated. " I was the one who commissioned Illumi to assassinate the Ten Dons. " Chrollo admitted. 

" Did you know that? " He asked. " Of course I did. But that is irrelevant. It makes no difference. We simply do the job we're hired to do, nothing more. " Zeno said. " I understand. " Chrollo said. " So, can I ask you something? " He asked. " Hm? " Zeno questioned. " If we were to fight, just the two of us which of us would win? " Chrollo asked. " Hm. I would, there's no question about it. Though it would be a different story altogether if you were actually trying to kill me. " Zeno said. 

Silva and he began to walk away. " Damned insolent brat. " Zeno said. Chrollo exhaled sharply. Juryoku jumped off of Chrollo as she felt his body relax. He threw himself onto the floor. Yoku used her nen to lift him up before he hit the ground. She sniffled and wiped her tears away. Juryoku sat beside Chrollo, she put her ear to his heart. It was pounding very fast. She hugged him and he let her. There was little to no energy left in him. 

----◦•◦❀•◦----------------------------------------------------------◦•❀◦•◦----