18 - What Are You Hiding?

----◦•◦❀•◦----------------------------------------------------------◦•❀◦•◦----

Shizuku, Machi, Chrollo, Juryoku, and the two boys waited patiently in an alleyway for a phone call. Well, mostly. Chrollo's phone rang, letting go of Yoku's hand he grabbed his phone from a pocket and answered. Pakunoda was on the other line informing Chrollo about what they found out regarding the chain user. " Alright. We'll be waiting in the lobby of the Hotel. " Chrollo said. Juryoku turned towards the two boys giving them a small wave and smile. 

Their faces turned to those of confusion. There wasn't any hidden intent or hostility in her actions. Even Killua could tell. The two boys shared a knowing look. " So, what's your name? " Killua asked Juryoku, just as Chrollo ended the phone call. Yoku tilted her head to the side. " Looks like they found out the chain user's identity. "  Chrollo informed. Gon and Killua perked up at the mention. 

" That just leaves three more. "  He stated. " Let's go. " He said while grabbing Juryoku's hand. They walked outside of the small alleyway and into the busy streets. The group stopped outside the Beitacle Hotel delaying for a moment before going inside. " Let's wait right here. " Chrollo instructed while leaning against a marble wall. They heard a man yelling at the person on the other line of the phone. 

" Idiot! It's the Beitacle Hotel! How many damn times do I have to repeat myself?! Well? " He continued yelling out. " Hm. " He noticed as the group began looking at him. " What are you looking at kid, huh!? " The man questioned. " Should I kill him? " Shizuku asked. " Ignore him, look the other way. " Chrollo ordered. " What? You think this is a show? Scram! " He continued. " Look, if failures like you are working for me my future is about to get real dark. " 

" Listen! I'm going to close my eyes just this once, one more mistake and you're fired. You better get over to the hotel by seven o'clock sharp. You hear me?! " 

The radio in front of the loud man began playing. " Alright, it's time for our last song. This request comes from Kicchomu. " The lady from the radio stated. " Everybody made it here. " Shizuku stated while watching the other group arrive. " Hey. " Nobunaga said. " What's this? You boys got caught again? Heheh... okay I get it. You changed your minds and decided to join us, right? " He asked. 

" We didn't know anything that the reward for you guys was canceled. Wasn't it? Just found out about it. " Killua stated. " You were stalking us and you screwed up again, huh? You kids never learn. " Nobunaga said. " I guess, this must be fate at work. " He said. " Well, let's be friends, okay? " He said while smiling. " Not a chance, we were only following you just to get the reward. " Killua stated. Juryoku let go of Chrollo's hand running lightly towards Pakunoda. They hugged. 

" What do you know? " Pakunoda asked. Juryoku pulled apart, Pakunoda's hand on her shoulder. Yoku tilted her head, turning around and lightly running back to Chrollo. They held hands making sure to keep track of each other. Even though Yoku couldn't see, she could feel how Chrollo's grip around her hand tightened slightly. He seemed to be upset, a rare occasion. 

" And to be perfectly honest I don't even want to look at you. " He said while closing his eyes. " Yeah! Me neither. " Gon said, copying Killua. Nobunaga only laughed. " What do you think boss? They've got guts, don't they? " Nobunaga questioned. " Their nerve reminds me of Uvo. " He stated. " They're just little kids, they don't even know enough to be afraid. " Machi stated. " Anyway, describe the chain user to us. " She said. 

" First things first, why don't we check them again Paku. " Chrollo said. " Okay, then. " Pakunoda said. " What should I ask? " She questioned. " Ask them, ' What are you hiding? ' " Chrollo ordered. Just as Pakunoda's hand began to slowly go closer and closer to Killua. " Well Folks, there's only one minute left in this week's broadcast. " The lady on the radio informed. " It's no use, your ability it lets you draw out memories out of whoever you touch, doesn't it? " Killua asked. 

" Well, we aren't hiding anything, and even if-- " He continued just as Pakunoda forced her hand. She began grabbing onto the area around Killua's mouth stopping him from talking. " I'll find out soon enough, so just be quiet. " Pakunoda said. " Even if we did know something, we'd hide it from you, it's not that hard we'll think about so-- " Gon said. Pakunoda forced her hand on Gon just as she did on Killua. " Yeah, that's what I thought. " Killua managed to say. 

" You boys seem confused. I extract the purest memories that are beneath your consciousness. I'm not browsing through the surface thoughts you create.  " Pakunoda began explaining. The two boys' legs were inches above the ground, Pakunoda's strength holding them up just by the grip she has on their jaws. Juryoku felt as the two boys began to struggle. She focused some of her aura on the bottom of their feet, giving them a force of gravity to stand on. 

" My questions are specifically designed to stimulate your memory, they're brought to the surface the same way as stone tossed into a pond stirs up sentiment. They are original memories, clean and unprocessed. And I simply scoop them up. Deceiving me is impossible. " She finished. " Tuning next week, this is JFN, and it's now 7:00 p.m. " It's time to ask my question. " Paku said. " What are you hiding? " She asked. 

----◦•◦❀•◦----------------------------------------------------------◦•❀◦•◦----