Chapter 40

Lisa

We had lunch at Kim's house the next day with Oppah Kai but before 2 o'clock, we bid goodbye. Kai and I have a secret appointment with a real estate agent to look at the condo that I dream of for Jennie.

It was a 1,195 sq. ft., semi-furnished, two bedroom corner unit that has a terrace. It was also walking distance from our office building so that's the first thing I would have liked. But I'll just take a look because I've already seen how much it is.

We were greeted by Christine the agent I spoke to, when we entered the condominium complex. Kai and I introduced ourselves to her and she guided us to the building where the unit I wanted.

I don't know why I'm nervous. It was like my stomach was digging. It'll be better if Jennie is here with me but when she sees that I really like this condo, I'm sure she'll insist that she buy it for us. I don't know if it antique to believe but because I'm the TOP here in my story, I should be the one to provide the house. Even though my future wife is much richer than me.

Christine tour us into the condo unit. It's beautiful, spacious. There is a king size bed in the master bedroom and it has it's own bathroom. The second bedroom also has its own bathroom even though it is smaller.

When we got back to the living room, it was Kai who talked to Christine.

"If my sister decides to take this unit, how soon can she move in?" Kai asked.

"If we get the paperwork done early, she can move in as early as Wednesday." Christine said and Kai just nod

"She has your number, doesn't she?" Kai asked Christine.

"Yes. But let me give you my card." Christine took a calling card from her wallet and handed it to Oppah.

"Thank you. We'll be in touch." Kai said to her.

"Thank you." Christine said before we left the unit again.

I was quiet in the hallway while Christine was sales talking to Oppah Because Kai asked if they had a penthouse suite. Christine said if Kai and I want to see it, she can show it to us.

And my brother agreed.

We had to go down again to get to the penthouse because it has its own elevator that opens into the private foyer. And I was stunned when Christine opened the door into the penthouse apartment.

It has three levels. Also semi-furnished, with living room that has a large balcony. She said there are three bedrooms here, a home office on the mezzanine level and has own swimming pool!

As I walking around there, I imagined Jennie was with me here, while we are just planning a wedding, while we were just newlyweds planning to have a family. Maybe when we have a child, we can still be here.

I was overwhelmed with this apartment.

Hmmm... Can Oppah accept my soul? Maybe I can mortgage mine to him first and I will lend this penthouse to him.

I didn't realize that Kai was next to me until he elbowed me. I turned to him and saw that he was also looking outside.

"It's so nice here." He said. And I just nod.

Because if I open my mouth, I will beg him to buy it for me. I have no payment for this.

"Would you like to see the rooms?" Christine offer and we followed her.

She showed the dining area and kitchen area where the oven and a two-door refrigerator were already there. There is a small water closet and laundry area nearby. Then she took us to the rooms. There is a king size bed in the master bedroom and just like in the living room, the window are also floor to ceiling. It has its own toilet and bath. Twin sized beds in the second and third bedrooms and they have a shared bathroom.