Chapter 5- You're Talking To...? Pt.2

It All Started With Hello Ch.5

Artemis

"How did you get his number?" Alexa asked with a whisper as we sat in the cafeteria waiting for lunch to end.

"He followed me on Instagram then commented asking for my Kik. He Kiked me then asked for my number. He called me then I called Isis and we talked to all four boys." I explained.

"Why didn't you call me?" Juno asked.

"Sorry. All I thought about was talking to those boys." I raised my hands like I was being caught by the police.

"It's alright. I understand." Juno smiled. I smiled back at her.

"Hello ladies." Horus greeted as he and Ahmad Williams sat down at our table. Ahmad is short, stocky, and light skinned.

"Boys." We said.

"Best friend." I smiled at Horus.

"Best friend." Horus smiled back at me. "So why did I have to take those pictures?"

"For a friend of mine that wanted to see my friends that I always talk about." I answered. It was true. I did tell Princeton about my friends and he did want to see them. I just didn't say his name.

"What friend? Does he or she go here?" Ahmad asked.

"No." I sighed.

"Does he live out here?" Horus asked.

"What is this? Twenty questions?" I asked as the lunch bell rang. "Bye boys."

I was so happy to get away from them. I jumped up and threw away my tray.

"I don't see why you don't want to tell anyone about Prin....Jacob." Jari said as we walked to the third floor where our seventh and eighth grade classes are held.

"Because....People will only want to know me to get to Jacob, Craig, Raquan, and Chresanto. And whoever knows me will only be all buddy buddy to hang out with the boys. I don't want that." I sighed. Juno left us on the second floor to go to the library for her second enrichment(or second free period).

"But we are all buddy buddy with you and don't use you for a pass at the boys." Isis said.

"True. You just want to share a good thing with us." Alexa smiled.

"Y'all are right on that one." I smiled once we reached the third floor.

"See y'all in a few." Jari waved and walked to Science and Social Studies class.

"Bye Jewel." We smiled and walked to class. Isis, Alexa, and I walked into English class.

"Mrs. Pollard isn't here, Granny?" Isis asked her grandmother, who helped eighth grade.

"No Isis. Now sit down." Granny told us. We sat in our different sits until she said we could get up and talk. Which meant we could get on our phones.

I looked at my phone, but saw no message from Princeton.

"Waiting on that friend to text you?" Horus asked me as he passed by.

"Yeah I am." I sighed.

"What's so special about him?" Horus asked as he sat next to me.

"Everything. He's really sweet and smart. He is really cute and talented. And he is weird like me." I smiled.

"Where does he live?"

"Los Angeles." I muttered.

"Have you met him yet?" Horus asked.