Chapter 23- Juno's and Artemis's Birthday

It All Started With Hello Ch.23

Artemis

Today is the day.

Juno's and my fourteenth birthday!

I have been waiting for this day for so long. In a few months we'll be high schoolers. This is crazy. I spent the last few days with my dad, Sarayi, Marcia, and Marcia's brothers--John and Jacob--in the Marriott hotel. Today, we have to clean the house to perfection for the party.

At 4PM-- after hours of cleaning-- everyone started coming to the party. Maya Marshall, Mya Forbes, Unique, Yulissa, Alexa, Vicki, LeRoyal Hester, Harold, Isis, Horus, Jari, Brittany, and a few others. We danced and ate and talked until we opened some gifts that came earlier today that Wendy wouldn't let us see.

"What is it?" Daddy asked. He stayed here longer than Marcia, Sarayi, John, and Jacob for our birthday.

"Something from someone special." Wendy answered as she set four big boxes on the table I front of Juno and I. Isis started recording on a camera.

"Which to open first?" I asked Juno.

"The two that look the same." Juno answered and we grabbed two boxes that looked alike.

"Three, two, one." We counted and opened up the boxes.

I almost dropped my box in shock.

"Ma, did you get us these?" I asked.

"No." Wendy answered.

"Daddy?" Juno asked.

"No." Daddy shook his head.

"Who did then?" We asked. Someone got us both a white Galaxy S3.

"What's up? We are Mindless Behavior." Four voices said. Juno and I looked around for the voices. Is Prince here?

"Look here, Juno and Artemis." Brittany told us. She was holding a laptop. She turned it so we could all see the screen.

"Hi everyone!" Prince, Roc, Ray, and Prod waved. We waved back. Ray sucked his teeth.

"Y'all eating Miss Wendy good food?" Ray whined.

"Yeah. And we got chicken." Ta'keve'yana laughed. The boys groaned.

"Anyway," Prince smiled. "We wanted to say happy birthday!"

"Happy birthday, Artemis and Juno." Roc smiled.

"Happy birthday Twin and MiniMe!" Ray shouted. Everyone laughed at him.

"Happy birthday, my little sisters." Prodigy smiled.

"We got you those phones," Prince said. "And those other two boxes that you should open now."

I cut my eyes with a smile as Juno and I opened the boxes quickly. They got Juno a beat machine maker. She could make her own beats and songs and upload them straight to her phone or YouTube and get things from the internet on it.

"Thanks boys! I love it!" Juno smiled.

"You're welcome." Prod smiled.

"Artemis, open yours!" Prod urged.

I popped open the box and smiled at what I saw.

"We knew getting you somethings like that would make you smile widely." Ray said.

"What is it?" Unique asked.

"Come on. Pull it out, Artty." India Cain said.

"Yeah. Come on." Horus said.