carnival

TW: the following chapter contains abuse, drugs, and self harm.

Maddy's POV:

After driving the girls home, I head to my house. I walk inside and head straight to my room. I open my closet and pick out a purple outfit. I change and then go to my vanity to do my makeup. My phone rings and it's Nate.

iMessages
Today 6:05

Nate:
be at the carnival at 7:00, meet me by the Ferris wheel.

Maddy:
kay.

I put my phone inside my purse. I finish getting ready. The girls and I expect Natalie were going to to ride together. I was the Uber. I rush out the front door and take out my keys from my purse. I get inside my car and I pull out of my driveway. First I picked up Kat, then Lexi and Cassie.

We arrive at the carnival. Most of us had our own thing planned out. So we pretty much split up. I head over to the Ferris wheel. I called Nate.
We basically fought because we couldn't find each other.

I start walking around trying to find Nate while looking around for the other Ferris wheel.

Eventually I find Nate.
"Yo! Why are you dress like a hooker?!"
"What?"
"Jesus Christ Maddy, I'm here with my parents." He spat
"What? It's a carnival."
"No, it's the chili cook off. I'm very important. I can't have you hanging out at the booth dressed like that.
"Yeah well maybe it will sell better" I scoffed.
Nate was pissed. He told me to go home and change. I refused. I met with Cassie and we were high off molly while we complained about our relationships. Natalie texted us that she wasn't coming anymore. We all texted her asking if she was okay but no response.

An hour later, of course they announced the winner of the cook off and by no surprise... Cal Jacobs won. I clap from the distance while glaring at Nate. Then the crowd went silence. I start walking up.
"Yeah I'm not suppose to be here because I'm dressed like a hooker and none of you like me. But I just wanted to say congratulations."
"Maddy get out of here." Nate glared
I push the pot full of chili.
"What in gods name is your problem?!" Mrs.Jacobs shouts
"You, cunt!" I spat.
Nate grabs me by the arm and pulls me away.
I laugh.
"Don't you ever fucking embarrassed me like that again or I swear to god... shut the fuck up! I'm so fucking done with you. I'm not fucking joking!"
I keep laughing.
"What the fuck is actually wrong with your fucking head?!" He spat.
"I think you're overreacting-" nate pulls me and shoves me against a trailer.
"You're fucking dead to me, fuck you."
"You know what? I know you fucking have a little crush on Natalie. I saw your messages to her." Nate wraps his hands around my neck and tightens.
"We are done... I'm going to make Natalie mine." Nate throws me onto the floor
I struggle to catch my breath and I'm shaken up.
"She will never love you... I saw the messages between you two..."
Nate stood still.

I rush over to find my car. Eventually I found it. I quickly get in and I speed off.

I knew I couldn't go home but I didn't know where to go. I start calling Natalie.

No answer. I sent text messages to her, still no answer.

I found myself still driving to her house. I saw that the house lights were on.

I park on the side of her house and rush to the door. I rung the bell so many times until Natalie opens the door.

Why the fuck am I here? I know Nate likes Natalie... but I couldn't hate her. As much as I tried.

Natalie's mouth drops as she stares at me while my makeup is running down my face then her eyes move down to my  neck...

"I'm so sorry that I'm here..." I say frantically and I sniffled.
"No... no! It's okay!" She grab her hand and pull me inside.
I look around the house as broken items lay around. I look over at Mario who's on the couch, passed out.
"What happened here...?" I sniffle again.
"Don't worry about it Maddy..." she smiles so softly.
Natalie takes me to her room. She closes the door. I look around and i burst into tears, again. Natalie hugs me tightly again. Natalie felt so warm so it made it much more comforting.
"Nate... he's such a fucking asshole... I'm so sorry I came here... but I needed someone... the other girls... I couldn't go to them since they would judge me... they obviously don't like Nate's and I relationship..."

"I understand... Im here for you..." Natalie pets my  hair. She break away from the hug. She stared again  at my neck. Natalie grabs my hand again and takes me the bathroom. I stand in front of her while tears are still rolling down. Natalie starts wiping off my makeup that was mixed with tears.
"He grabbed me so tight I couldn't breathe. I made him so mad..." Natalie wipes my tears.
"You can stay here if you want." Natalie smiles softly.
"Thank you..." I muttered. I turn to face the mirror. I softly touches my neck. The bruises were coming in and without even touching them, it still hurt so much. Natalie leaves and comes back with her clothes. I change into them and she takes off her black sweater. I stare at her body and see her arms that are covered in scars. Some were fresh, but most of them were fading away. Natalie puts her sweater over me and we head to her room.

I laid down on one side of the room and Natalie lays on the other side. Her room smelled so nice and the blankets were so soft.
"Natalie..." I whisper
"Yeah...?" She looks over.
"Nevermind..." I stare off. I wanted to ask her what she thought of Nate and asked if she liked him. But I couldn't.

I eventually close my eyes and fall into a deep sleep...