police code: 240

Nate's POV:
I sat in English class while I zoned out thinking about what happened the night of the carnival with Maddy. All that I kept thinking about was how Maddy said Natalie would never love me. I clench my hands without even realizing it until...

Mr.Hayes, the principle comes into the class...
"Mr. Jacobs, would you please come with me?"
"What?" I look over at Mr.Hayes
"Come with me."
Everyone starts whispering to each other.
I stand up and look at Natalie. She looks at me with a sad face but looks away when I make eye contact with her. I walk out of the class with Mr.Hayes.
"Want to tell me what the problem is?" As I look at the police officers in the hallways.
"Don't worry we will." They point me in a direction

The police officers and Mr.Hayes took me a n office room where I sat waiting for my parents. Dad came and talked to me asking if I did it. Of course, I said no. Finally, we exit the room. As Maddy is looking at me from a far in another room, I whispered I love you as I walk by. Then the officers walk me out to the station.

As I'm in the room next to where Maddy was being held. I could hear her screaming and fighting back.
"So you grabbed her?" A detective asked me.
"I grabbed her by the arm to drag her away, I didn't choke her. I asked her why she acting that way and I asked her what she was doing." I muttered.
Silence.
"I don't want to get her in trouble but she had taken a lot of drugs." I look down.
"What drugs?"
"I don't want to get her in trouble." I whispered.
"She's not going to get in any trouble." I secretly did want to Maddy to get in trouble only because I knew my chances with Natalie were slim. I couldn't let go of what Maddy had said.
"Molly." I muttered.
"And after that conversation was that the last time you had spoke to Ms.Perez?"
I nodded. I proceeded to talk about how much I love Maddy even though, that love for her was replaced with Natalie. I was only trying to cover myself.

My parents and I left the station after questioning, I pull my phone and start texting Natalie. Of course, no answer.

iMessages
Today 6:00pm

Me:
We need to talk.
Natalie.
It's not what it looks like.
Please. I want to talk to you.
Read 6:10pm

I sat in my room with my head down covering my head.

Fuck. I'm suspended till the investigation is over.

An hour goes by, the doorbell rings and mom opens the door... I hear her talking to someone in the distance. I get up and walk out of my room. I stand by the stairs and my eyes widened....