maddy vs nate

Natalie's POV:

I zoned out like completely. No sound, no thought, nothing. My legs kept moving to get to my car but suddenly, I'm hit in the face by something hard. My phone falls out of my pocket onto the ground.

"woah, you good?" He grabs onto my arms making sure I have my balanced as my body shook.
"Ow... I'm so sorry... I completely zoned out... I wasn't paying any attention..." I say as I take my headphones out and rub my face. Of course I'm avoiding eye contact.
The guy bends down and picks up my phone.
"Your phone is good." He hands it to me.
I take it "thanks..." awkward.
"What are you doing here?" He scratches his head. Awkward.
"Detention..." as I said that a heat of embarrassment hit.
"That sucks. But hey I'm Nate."
"Oh umm... I'm-" I struggle to get it out.
"Natalie. I know who you are. I mean attendance during English." His face flushes in embarrassment.
I blush.

Why? Why am I blushing? I don't want to look up at him.

Cassie and Maddy appear out of nowhere. They came out of cheer practice. They run over to me.
"Hey Natalie!" They yell and both hug me while smiling.
Their smiles faded away and silence...
"Are you picking on Natalie?" Maddy scoffed and gives Nate a look of disgusted.
"No maddy..." he wipes his face with his hands, frustrated again. "We were just talking." He muttered.
"Natalie, are you sure he didn't do anything to you?" Maddy looks over at me, making a worried face.
"No he didn't, I zoned out and bumped into him... it's my fault. But we started talking..." completely in embarrassment. Cassie is still hugging me but maddy let's go. Maddy starts getting in Nate's face glaring at him.
Nate just stares blankly at her. "Maddy I know you are about to start shit but god! Not right now!" Nate suddenly gets pissed.

Cassie starts pulling me away "they have some unresolved issues going on."

I'm completely confused...

"Why?" I look up at Cassie and gave her a confused face.
"Because they broke up three weeks ago..." Cassie rolled her eyes.
Nate and Maddy start fighting.

Then it clicked... Maddy was fighting with Nate over text since they broke up. Then Maddy and the girls talked about what happened at a recent party.

I don't know why but this whole thing of Nate and Maddy bothered me...

After Nate and Maddy were done fighting, Maddy walks backwards towards us as she flips Nate off. Nate gets into his car, pissed. He turns on his car and drives away.
Maddy turns around, looks at Cassie and I.
"Well fuck him." She scoffed
"Glad that's over... what should we do now?" Cassie replies.
"Let's hang out!" Maddy says all excited.
They wait for my response.
"Okay." I smiled. "I can drive." I added awkwardly.
We all start walking over to my car and I unlock the car. Maddy runs to the passenger side and yells "shotgun!" Leaving Cassie in the backseat "fuck, no fair Maddy you always get shotgun!"
"Hey I called it first!" Maddy laughs. I get into the car and turn on my car. I start driving.
"Where should we go?" Maddy looks at me.
"Wherever you guys want to go." I smiled

I was suddenly starting to feel so comfortable with them. Like really. I didn't feel any type of anxiety.

Maddy and Cassie look at each other. "Let's go to your house Natalie!" They get all excited.
"Okay yeah..." I smiled
I drive to my house and pull into the driveway. We get out of my car and walk inside my house...

Nate's POV:

Maddy had really pissed me off, nothing new nor was it surprising. This was Maddy's and I normal.

"Nate, you're a fucking dick. Been avoiding at school and on text messages. Now I'm really glad I found you because I have so much to tell you off about!" She scoffed and laughed.
Cassie and Natalie walk off in the distance.

Fuck, of course Maddy had to ruin Natalie's and I interaction.

"Go on Maddy, I would really love to hear this one after the shit you pulled with Tyler. What? You're going to call me every fucking name in the book? Like you always do!" I laugh
"Nate, shut the fuck up! You're literally a piece of shit. I wouldn't be surprised if you died alone!" Maddy spat at me.
"You know what Maddy? I think you're just jealous because I was talking to your little friend!" I spat.
"Nate you fucking wish that I was jealous! You know that I'm literally your only type. You cannot live without me! Even if I was jealous, Natalie would never love you. Especially for how the fuck you act and get!" Maddy laughs

Maddy hit a nerve. I was beyond. Pissed.
I don't know why but her last comment about Natalie really fucked with me. All I knew was that I wanted to get to know Natalie.

I storm away and get into my truck. Maddy starts walking backwards, flipping me off. She laughed, I turn on the truck and I drive away speeding. I grip onto my steering wheel. Fucking bitch.

I finally get home. I pull into my driveway and I park my truck. I turn it off and I step out. I walk into my house and I quickly walk up my stairs to go to my room. I didn't want to hear anything from my dad or mom.

I pull out my phone and open an app... I start texting this girl. I know who she is but my fake name goes by Tyler... I knew everything about her. She sent me her nudes, told me her life, everything...