tears at night

TW: these next couple chapters contain mature content; self harm, abuse, sex, drugs, etc.

Natalie's POV:

Today is the day of the carnival. This is was suppose to happen: Rue, Jules, and Lexi were suppose to hang out together and then Jules meets up with Tyler, Maddy hangs out with Nate and his family at the cook off, Kat spends the whole night with Ethan, Cassie spends time with McKay, and I was suppose to go...

Again, the girls come over in the morning to wake me up and make me get ready. This time Kat and Lexi came as Maddy was there ride. My usual getting ready routine happens, we get to school. Of course Maddy parks next to Nate's Truck. We head to Maddy's locker.
"See you girls later" I walk off after a few minutes of being at Maddy's locker.

Nate and I had been texting back and forth all week. we had been slightly flirting. I felt guilty though.

I put on my headphones as I walk into English. Nate was already there. Class starts. Then my phone vibrates. I secretly pull out my phone and open my phone under my desk. It's Nate, again.

natejacobs_18:
You coming to the carnival tonight?

Me:
That's the plan.
I heard your family is in the cook off, good luck.

natejacobs_18:
thanks. stop by ;)
send me your number.

Me:
(xxx)xxx-3467

I sigh and ignore his comment. I send Nate my number. Then I put my phone back in my pocket.
My two classes went by and I went to lunch. Nothing really happened, just the girls talking about their plans for the carnival.

To be honest, I didn't give much thought about what I wanted to.

School ends. Since today was the carnival, there was no after school activities. Maddy drove all of us home. Jules and Rue rode their bikes together and parted ways when they were nearby their neighborhood. We all went home instead of hanging out to get ready for tonight. We all talked about in the group chat where we would meet up. Maddy dropped off Kat first, then Lexi and Cassie, then me.

I wave bye to Maddy and then walk into my house. I head upstairs and then I just sat on my bed. I didn't really need to get ready. I'm fine with what I'm wearing. I just went on Spotify on my phone and made some new playlist. I put on romance playlist that I made. I found myself daydreaming about Nate Jacobs. What the fuck? My heart was skipping beats and I was smiling like never before.
I was day dreaming about us kissing and being boyfriend and girlfriend...

Then it was 6:00.

I text the girls in the group chat.

iMessages
Today 6:00

me:
hiya, im going to drive myself to carnival. I'll meet you all there.

Maddy: okay! i can't wait for you guys to see my outfit though.

Lexi: what time are you picking us up, Maddy? Also you always rock your outfits.

Cassie: I'm going with McKay.

Kat: I'm ready whenever you all are.

Maddy: I'll pick you guys up at 6:30 ;)

I turn off my phone and suddenly. My stomach started hurting. I have a bad feeling about tonight...