when he fucked up

Hi! Sorry I haven't posted, I had to study for college finals then take finals. Then I moved into my new house that i am going to be living in for 3 months. But it's summer so I have time now!

Nate's POV:

Friday.

The past couple days Natalie and I have been meeting up during English to hook up. To be honest, things have been going great between us but of course we are still lowkey.

The school bell rings and students fill up the hallways. I make my way to Maddy's locker like I always do. I give her a kiss and she smiles.

"What time do you want me to pick you up?" I stand against the locker next to Maddy's as she applies makeup.
"I guess around 7?" She checks herself out in her mirror then looks at me. I nod.

I stare across the distance where Natalie is with Lexi at her locker. Natalie laughs at Lexi's joke then they walk away together.

"Okay, I'm ready to leave." Maddy closes her locker and I hold her hand as we walk out of school together.

Maddy and I walk to my truck. We get inside and drive away.

Since the whole situation, our parents do not want us to be together so I drop Maddy off down the street from her house. Then she walks the rest of the way.

Maddy kisses me before getting out of my truck.
"See you at 7, Maddy."
She waves bye as she starts walking. I drive off.

I arrive to my house. I drop off my keys on the table in the foyer. I head up to my room and sit on the side of my bed. I take out my phone and text Natalie.

iMessages

Me: are you coming to the party?

Natalie: yeah, but I'm coming late.

Me: oh? I'll see you there.

Natalie: see you soon. :)

I didn't think much of why Natalie would be coming late. I just knew I shouldn't ask.

I finish getting ready to go over to the party. I grab my keys and drive off to Maddy's.

"Let's stop to buy some alc." Maddy gets in and puts on her seat belt. I head to Fezco's store. I park and get out.
"You want anything Maddy?"
"The usual babe."

"Hey fez." I make my way into the store.
"Sup man?"
"Can I get two of the rolling papers?" I walk over to the fridges and grab some drinks.
"Yo man. I don't know what's going on with you, Rue, and Jules, but you should know... I really do care about her. That's like my family. All I'm saying is leave her and her friends alone."
"Or what?" I stare at Fezco.
"You keep fucking with Rue and her friends, and ima kill you. It's gonna be $5.75, playboy."  Fezco rings me up and I throw my money at him and leave.

I get in my truck and drive to the party at the Howard's house. Maddy and I walk to the door and knock. Lexi opens the door.
"Hey Maddy."
"Hey girl!" Maddy gives Lexi a quick hug and Lexi looks at me awkwardly.

She definitely knows something.

Cassie comes to the door.
"Hey! Come in." Cassie grabs Maddy's hand dragging her inside. I follow while Lexi closes the door. We head to the living room where we meet BB, Kat, Rue, and Jules.
"You guys want anything?! I'll go get you guys drinks." Cassie runs to the kitchen before Maddy and I even answer. We sit down.
"What's up with Cass?" Kat laughs.
"Something with McKay... She's been drinking before you guys came." Lexi rolls her eyes. The girls look at me.
"What? I don't know anything just because I'm friends with McKay."
"Well, She'll probably eventually say something about it soon." Maddy response while Cassie comes back to the living room handing us our drinks.

"Do you guys know what time Natalie is coming?" Jules asks.
"She said she's coming a bit late." Lexi smiles. Maddy smirks and scoffs.

I knew that Lexi would know where Natalie was and why she would come late but part of me didn't want to know for some reason.

Suze Howard walks into the living room with a bottle of wine.
"Nathaniel..." Suze awkwardly waves. "Ah, to be a teenager again. Enjoy it while it last girls." Suze takes a sip of her wine while looking at all the girls. They laugh. Lexi clears her throat.

"Alright I'm in a dancing mood!" Cassie gets up from the couch and turns on the speaker. Suze dances with Maddy, BB, and Kat. Rue and Jules just watch everyone dance. Cassie dances around but is stumbling a bit.

I take a chug of my beer as I watch them have fun. I look over at Rue and Jules as they are staring at me.

"Need something?" I scoff at them.
They don't answer me.
Then the doorbell rings. Lexi and Cassie run over to the door. I hear their voices from the distance.

Natalie walks into the living room with Lexi and Cassie.
"Hey." She gives a awkward smile.
"Natalie! How have you been?" Suze gets up and hugs Natalie.
"Good how are you, Mrs.Howard?"
"You know Natalie, Mom?" Lexi gives Suze a confused look.
"Of course lex, her mom and I use to be best friend." Suze starts laughing. Natalie smiles.
"You never told me mom nor you Nat."
"It's not that big of a deal Lex..."

Natalie sits down next to Rue and Jules. Maddy glares at Natalie then smiles. I watch from the distance.

Lexi gives her water and sits next her. Maddy, Kat, and Cassie take a break from dancing. Maddy gives me a kiss. She stands next me and I put my arm around her.

Natalie gets up with Lexi and then head upstairs.

Cassie takes a chug of her drink and starts laughing.
"Lexi, I think you had enough." Maddy tries to grab Cassie's drink but Cassie pulls away.
"No!"
"What's wrong Cass?" Kat places her hand on Cassie's back.
"Yeah Cassie. You're like a mess right now." Maddy rolls her eyes.
Cassie starts laughing.

The room gets quiet.

"Natalie is pregnant with Nate's baby" Cassie looks at me while slurring her words and Maddy looks at me.