signal

TW: this chapter contains strong language.

Natalie's POV:

Nate came over regularly, sometimes he would even stay the night. He was still suspended and everyday he would reassure me that he would fix it. Every time he said that, my stomach would start turning. It felt like if he did it, something bad would happen. But I think it was just pure guilt for Maddy especially because Nate and I would constantly fuck. We never determined a relationship but it didn't matter to me. As long as I got be with Nate, that's all I could ask for.

After the incident, Maddy took a couple days to stay home but she returned back at school. Now what sucked was that our whole school made us watch videos about abuse or give us a lecture about it. Everyone would just stare at Maddy and she let them.

While I was starting to become more comfortable around Nate and the girls, Lexi and I were becoming best friends. I told her everything that was going on with Nate. Lexi didn't agree with the situation I have going on with Nate but she listened.

It's Saturday afternoon. Yesterday Nate didn't come over, he texted me saying he was going to be with his family. It wasn't a big deal but Nate was acting very distant and weird.

I spent most of my day with Mario which was a surprise since it's been awhile since we actually hung out. Of course, he was intoxicated by drugs and alcohol but it was whatever.

Nate's POV:

Natalie has been texting me but I ignored it. Only reason why was because I have a plan to fix the situation. I just needed everything to be in order. I also don't want Natalie to be involved...

"Tyler?" Jules yells as I start walking up to her.
I stand in front of her. Jules mouth drops and she stands there frozen.
"No... no..." Jules starts walking away.
"No I'm not trying to hurt you. I'm not. I'm not here to hurt you." I grab Jules' wrist.

"I don't trust you, Nate" Jules cries.
"I don't trust you, either." I put my hand on her face. I move my head close to Jules face and I kiss her. I pull away from the kiss.

Jules phone vibrates

"I wouldn't answer that. You're gonna wanna hear this... over the last three weeks, you have knowingly produced and distributed child pornography. I don't know if you're familiar with child pornography laws in this state but they apply to minors just as they apply to adults."
"I sent them to you." Jules looks at me
"No you sent them to an account of a person that doesn't fucking exist. And I mean anyone can anonymously report child pornography, right?
"Then I'd tell them everything."

"Okay. You could do that, but um heres what would definitely happen. You'd end up on a sex offenders list.
"What do you want from me, Nate?" Jules weeps.
"here's what you are gonna do. You are going to go down to the police station and tell them that you saw..." I speak my plan to Jules.

"Don't try to ruin my life and I won't have to ruin yours." I glare at Jules as I wait for a response.
"You know what I think? I think you're a fucking f*ggot just like your daddy." I grab Jules and we stare at each other.
"You have a nice night." I throw her. I start walking off.
"And don't try to fuck me over." I turn back at Jules and she panics.

After, I call McKay.
"What's up bro?" He answers.
"Are you with Cassie?"
"Yeah, I'm with her right now. What's up?" McKay gives me a confuse tone.
"Tell Cassie to tell Maddy to download signal."

Maddy downloads Signal and I send her a message through the app.

Signal
Today

Me: Meet me at the hotel off exit 27.

I wait for Maddy to arrive as there. I hear a knock at the door and open it. Maddy arrived. She starts crying and I hug her tightly.

Maddy and I spent the night talking to each other, trying to get her onboard with the plan I have...

Maddy's POV:

I cry into Nate's chest.
"I really fucking hate you." My voice cracks.
"I know."
"And you're abusive. psychopathic. I really hate the way you make me feel.
"I know."
"It's not good for us..." I muttered
"I know." Nate didn't know what else to say but I could tell that we were on the same page.
"I mean like we shouldn't be together..." I sniffle.
Nate pets my hair and stands in silence.

Nate and I go inside the hotel room.
"Maddy I need you to help me." Nate sits on the hotel bed and looks at me.
I stare at Nate as my mascara mixed with tears is still running down my face.
"What is it now, Nate?" I cross my arms.

To be honest I knew no matter what happened, I would still do anything for Nate. It was like he was my weakness.

Nate told me his plan. I knew it was fucked up but I didn't care. What I did care about was that I knew he was only doing this for Natalie so I made a deal with him. If Nate wanted me to help him out, he has to stay with me until I say I'm done with him...

But I had to use this opportunity to get back at Natalie.

Nate's POV:

Maddy and I leave the hotel room. We hold hands as we walk down the stairs to go to our cars. I walk Maddy to her car and open the door for her. Maddy smiles at me and kisses me. We break away from the kiss and I close her door. Maddy drives off and I get into my car. I drive off.

I pull up to an apartment complex. I sit in my car for a bit then I finally decide to get out. I pop my hoodie over my head. I start walking over to Tyler's apartment...

"Morning, Tyler." I sat in a chair drinking his beer.
"Fuck. Oh, god." Tyler gasps. "Please, man. Please don't fucking hurt me again. Please" Tyler starts panicking
"Tyler, I'm not gonna hurt you. You're in a fucking neck brace. We are just going to talk." I look over at Tyler.
"About what?" He looks at me.
"You're going to drive down to the East Highland Police Station. You're gonna walk up to the receptionist and you're gonna tell her that you'd like to confess to a crime." I sip the beer.
"What crime?"
"The weekend before school started, Madeline Perez went to a party. She was raped in the swimming pool by a 22 year old college student named Tyler Clarkson who, on the second night of the carnival assaulted and raped her again..." I grin at Tyler.