Part 12

"Is my dad still at my house?" Stevie asked Glen, who had come to pick her and Lindsey up from the rehab facility. 

Glen looked in the rearview mirror and smiled to himself. Stevie looked so much better compared to the last time he'd seen her. She seemed so calm and relaxed, leaning her head on Lindsey's shoulder. 

"No. Chris took your father to the airport yesterday." Glen replied. "He thought, it would be for the best to let you get used to life outside of rehab."

"You make it sound like I was in prison." Stevie joked, turning to look out the window at the familiar streets. "But yes, he's probably right. I'll go see them soon and apologize for my behavior."

"I'm sure that's not necessary." Glen said, slowing the car at a red light. "They're your parents, they know you didn't do anything to hurt them on purpose."

"Yeah, well..." Stevie left her thought unfinished. "I just remembered that there's nothing at the house. We won't have anything for dinner."

We, Glen frowned. So, Lindsey was staying with Stevie. He did think that they looked pretty cozy together, but he didn't go as far as to believing that they were back together. He kept it to himself for the time being, but he didn't think that was very wise.

"Don't worry." Glen said. "Your fridge is fully stocked."

"Oh, thank you." Stevie placed her hand on his shoulder and gave him a gentle squeeze. "You didn't have to though. Grocery shopping is not on the list of a manager's duties."

"Not a big deal." Glen assured.

No later than fifteen minutes, Glen pulled into Stevie's driveway. She was suddenly nervous and she wasn't entirely sure why. Maybe it was because she doubted herself, maybe she didn't think that she could stay sober now that she wasn't going to be monitored 24/7. She had friends, who had friends. If she wanted to get her hands on something, she could. After all, at the moment, she had no idea if Lindsey was going to be there to support her for longer than just a couple of days.

"Do you need me to come in?" Glen asked, taking Stevie's things out of the trunk of the car, while Lindsey handled his own suitcase. 

"Uh, no. I don't think so." Stevie shook her head, taking her house keys from him. "Thanks."

"Give me a call if anything." Glen gave her a hug goodbye then shook hands with Lindsey, giving him a pointed look, which Lindsey didn't quite understand.

Glen drove off, leaving Stevie and Lindsey alone. She unlocked the front door and he followed behind her into the house. She told him to leave their things in the foyer for the time being, the last thing she wanted to do right now was unpack.

"Glen doesn't like me very much, does he." Lindsey stated more than asked. 

"What makes you say that?" 

"He gave me this weird look before he left." Lindsey shrugged, wondering what had caused the sudden change of heart. When Lindsey arrived in Arizona all those weeks ago, Glen couldn't be happier to see him.

"Oh, you know..." Stevie closed the short gap between them and lifted her arms up to wrap them around his neck. "He knows our history. He has no clue what happened with us at rehab, so he's probably just protective of me."

"See, this is what I was afraid of." Lindsey sighed, placing his hands on her waist. "Things never go well, when other people start meddling in our business."

"Do you see other people around us?" Stevie asked with a raised eyebrow. "If you do, then it's you, who has problems now."

Lindsey laughed, shaking his head. "No, all I see is you." He dipped his head and pulled her in for a kiss. "So, how about that bubble bath?" 

"Mm... are you going to join me?" Stevie cocked her head to one side, sliding her hands down his chest. 

"You know what happens with us and baths. Or showers." He smirked, lifting her top up a little to rest his palms on her bare skin. 

"Oh, I'm counting on that." She gave him a way too innocent smile and reached for his hand to lead their way upstairs.