Part 13

A weird sensation kept Lindsey from sleeping peacefully. Not that it was an unpleasant feeling. He wasn't entirely sure if he was dreaming or not. Stevie on the other hand was wide awake, she had been for a while now. She lay with her eyes on him and she just couldn't leave him be. At first, she began with light kisses on his chest, his shoulder and neck. He didn't really respond. She propped herself on her elbow and dragged her nails down the middle of his chest and beneath the covers. He stirred, but she knew, he was still asleep. She bit into her bottom lip and closed her hand around him through his boxers. Moving slowly, she caressed him, focusing on his face.

Lindsey pried his eyes open at last, giving her a questioning look, before he lifted the covers up to make sure that he was in fact no longer sleeping. "I think, that might be considered sexual harassment."

"Would you like me to stop?" Stevie asked, then laughed at his rushed reply.

"God no!" He shook his head, wrapping his arm around her to pull her in for a kiss. "You're every man's dream, you know."

"I don't want any other man." She said, bringing both of her hands up to cup his face, she kissed him again. "You're pretty much all I can handle." 

Linsey was about to roll her onto her back, but Stevie pressed her hands against his chest and climbed on top of him instead. He smiled, looking up at her. She was like a completely different person, a glimpse of the one he used to know when their lives were untroubled. That same carefree girl he fell in love with all those years ago.

"I love you so much." Lindsey said, resting his hands on her hips. "You've made me really happy again."

"It's me, who should be thanking you, Linds." Stevie smiled back at him, she bent over to plant several small kisses on his lips. "But I don't want to get all emotional." She said, shaking her head. "I had plans for you." She smirked, making him grin.

"Oh yeah?" His hands brushed over her back, up and down, then lower until he cupped her ass, pressing her firmly against himself. "You did get me pretty excited."

"I got myself pretty excited, too." She leaned in to whisper in his ear before she sat up straight again. 

"Take this off." He ordered, tugging at the hem of her nightgown, and she did, leaving her body completely exposed to his stare. "Fuck, you're gorgeous." He almost growled, reaching to touch and tease her breasts. He asked her to lift herself up a bit so he could remove his boxers, revealing his painful looking erection. "This is not gonna last very long." He warned her, but she didn't care, knowing, he was absolutely going to make it up to her in other ways.

"Oh..." She moaned as he helped her sink down on him. 

He started kneading her thighs, silently begging her to move. She leaned forward a little to place her hands on his chest to support herself as she began rocking her hips. He didn't let her stay in control for too long, though. His arms circled around her waist and he pulled her down against him. He lifted his hips off the mattress and thrust inside her from below. She gasped at the sudden change, but she didn't find it unpleasant. It only took her a moment before she was meeting him thrust for thrust...

"Are you hungry?" Stevie asked, rolling onto her side of the bed. "What would you like for breakfast?"

"Are you serious?" Lindsey wiped the sweat off his forehead. "I can barely breath and you're already getting up."

"It's alright. You rest and I'll bring breakfast to bed." She smiled, standing in the doorway for a second longer, she then walked out of the room.

Left alone, Lindsey remained lying on his back, his legs spread wide apart, wondering if his heartbeat would ever come down to normal. He didn't even realize how two weeks had already flown by. Suddenly, he was leading this domestic life and he couldn't remember when he was so genuinely happy. More than that, he couldn't believe that the source of his happiness was Stevie. There were times, when he allowed himself to dream, but he had lost hope a long time ago. Although, he wasn't used to things going well for long when it came to his relationship with Stevie. Something had always stood in their way. A little voice in the back of his head kept reminding him occasionally that even though everything seemed fine now, there was no guarantee it would stay that way forever.

"You made pancakes?" Lindsey asked, smelling them before Stevie had even returned to the bedroom. 

"Yeah." Stevie nodded bringing him a plate and a cup of coffee. She put them down on the nightstand and moved to go get her own, but he grasped her hand, not letting her get away. "What?"

"I love you." He repeated again, because he did. He was in love and he wanted to let the whole world know.

Minutes later, Stevie joined Lindsey in bed, not at all surprised that he had already inhaled half of his breakfast. They ate in comfortable silence for a while. Until they didn't.

"I uh-" Lindsey paused and cleared his throat to continue. "I was thinking."

"About?" Stevie asked, sensing that he might say something she wasn't necessarily going to like. 

"Well, I haven't been to my house in ages." Lindsey said, glancing at her briefly, he reach for his coffee and leaned back against the headboard. "I think, I should go check on things. There's probably loads of unopened mail and unanswered messages."

"For how long?" Stevie turned to him, somehow sure that he was going to return in no time.

"I don't know." He shrugged. "A few days, maybe a week. Maybe longer. We haven't exactly discussed our... situation."

She could tell that he was anxiously awaiting her reaction. What surprised him though, was that she nodded her head, smiling at him. "Okay."

"Okay?" Lindsey frowned.

"Yeah. I just know that you're going to realize how much you miss me and come back." She teased, making him laugh lightly.

"That's highly possible." He agreed and pressed a kiss to her hair, when she cuddled up against him.